#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
The game isn't the focus of my day.

giphy.gif

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Seriously, I want all lineman. Skill positions are fine, need to find a RB because Clement may have blown out his knee. I'd claim Hunt and deal with the suspension. I don't know what to do about the secondary next year. I think Douglas needs to play more. He needs to get game reps to see if he can improve. If nothing else he's basically a taller Mills with ball skills.

Reactions: Lotusflower

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
What a barf of a game. All around. Terrible play and play calling by the Birds. Awful reffing on both sides. Just nasty.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Excuse my ignorance but I had never heard or seen this called before, is this common? I can't for the life of me figure out how the play was ruled a fumble but no clear recovery...3 Eagles on the ball no cowboys, 1 Eagle comes out of the pile and the ball goes back to Dallas????

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Excuse my ignorance but I had never heard or seen this called before, is this common? I can't for the life of me figure out how the play was ruled a fumble but no clear recovery...3 Eagles on the ball no cowboys, 1 Eagle comes out of the pile and the ball goes back to Dallas????

It isn't that common, because if it were, common sense would prevail. Many scrums for fumbled balls involve multiple layers of both teams, and if someone challenges a fumble, having the "clear possession" rule makes sense.

The reason for the screwup is that the refs didn't use common sense. They couldn't tell which Eagle recovered it, so they said "Guess it's still Dallas ball" despite no Cowboys being near itm Common sense dictates that it's less about which individual recovers the ball, but which color jersey does.

I'm sure the NFL wil issue some halfhearted apology for this call, or they'll look into changing the verbage of the rule in the offseason to address this, but it doesn't do anything for the Eagles right now.

It was poor officiating all around, beginning with missing the fumble to begin with.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
It isn't that common, because if it were, common sense would prevail. Many scrums for fumbled balls involve multiple layers of both teams, and if someone challenges a fumble, having the "clear possession" rule makes sense.

The reason for the screwup is that the refs didn't use common sense. They couldn't tell which Eagle recovered it, so they said "Guess it's still Dallas ball" despite no Cowboys being near itm Common sense dictates that it's less about which individual recovers the ball, but which color jersey does.

I'm sure the NFL wil issue some halfhearted apology for this call, or they'll look into changing the verbage of the rule in the offseason to address this, but it doesn't do anything for the Eagles right now.

It was poor officiating all around, beginning with missing the fumble to begin with.
The call sucked.

That said, there were still 59 other minutes not to be chokers, and 2018 Inconsistents played the rest of the game. I read some tweets about players being mad about this call...they should be mad they have played like crap most of the season. Had the team not choked to TB (when the defense was healthy), or Minnesota, or Carolina, or @ Tennesee....it really wouldn't matter what happened against Dallas (both very winnable games too...). I mean, I can at least give the defense some level of taking a step back with the depleted secondary.

Its too bad, because this was going to be the year to have a shot at repeating..next year, the team is going to be missing ALOT of the players from last season, many roster holes coming.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
It’s possible.

I was scouring the internet a couple weeks ago, and it seemed like he might’ve been getting scapegoated by Vikings fans who don’t want to admit Kirk has never won a big game in his life.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
100% on board to bring him back. Depends on what his rep around the league is though. He might land in another coordinator job quickly.

But I guess that could still be here, so..

Reactions: kelmitchell

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Has to be more to the story right? He was just getting pumped up for HC gigs.
Talk flying around Zimmer trying to save face. Worried about his job. Hoping firing the OC will save it (if he turns them around the next few games)

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
hi guys, is Marcus Hayes reliable? he wrote an article that doesn't paint defilippo in the greatest light but haven't seen the same stuff mentioned elsewhere.
One of the worse writers around. Truely don't believe anything he writes. He is known as a contrarian writer. He will gauge how other writers & fans react to things, and will take the opposite approach to grab viewers. Someone on Philly.com did a comparison over the past few years and it was pretty close to every view he has.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
Carson might be done for the year. Out for Sunday

Back related, not knee

Thankful that it's a back as long as it's a muscle issue and not a disc, structural.

He's likely been playing through it. It would explain the drop off in his mobility and accuracy on deep passes. I was just talking about him possibly hurting because you could see the difference between him last week and his first week back against the Colts. Last week he had a scramble to the right, tried one of his signature stop on a dime and cut it up field moves and just crumpled over. His 1st game he was pulling his spin move and flying all over the field in the rain.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad