OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Super Bowl Rematch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Check it out, Bubby Blister came out of retirement and took #2 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SUCK

ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m dying at people even trying to defend Garrett by saying Rudolph started it. Like hitting someone with a helmet in the head isn’t one of the most egregious things you can do beyond the context of the game.

Happy Gilmore is trending on twitter btw & that’s the first thing I thought of too when I heard a guy took another’s helmet off & used it against him as a weapon. :laugh:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m dying at people even trying to defend Garrett by saying Rudolph started it. Like hitting someone with a helmet in the head isn’t one of the most egregious things you can do beyond the context of the game.

Happy Gilmore is trending on twitter btw & that’s the first thing I thought of too when I heard a guy took another’s helmet off & used it against him as a weapon. :laugh:

I'm not trying to defend Garrett, and I don't ultimately care what happens to him from it because it was idiotic, but it's completely true that Rudolph started it by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet, and that will get absolutely buried by the media as they rush in to slobber sympathy all over their working-class heroes.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm not trying to defend Garrett, and I don't ultimately care what happens to him from it because it was idiotic, but it's completely true that Rudolph started it by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet, and that will get absolutely buried by the media as they rush in to slobber sympathy all over their working-class heroes.

Which one of the steelers stole your cat?

Reactions: BigToe and Amorgus

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Who was the hockey player who used his stick as a weapon? Smashed someone on the back of neck I believe. What happened to his career?

It’s happened a few times in the NHL. I guess Marty McSorley would probably be the most infamous one though. He got 23 games for a suspension & dealt with some legal troubles because of it off the ice.

He never played in the NHL afterwards but he was around 36 years old at the time of the incident. He played the following season in the IHL then retired from hockey.

Fortunately a lot of these incidents are 10+ years ago for the NHL & we really haven’t had one in recent years (hopefully it stays that way).

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Which one of the steelers stole your cat?

They are a filthy dirty cheating organization which has been getting away with filthy dirty cheating antics for 50 years. They are so filthy dirty that their icons throw filthy dirty sweaty jerseys at little kids' faces and then steal their Cokes. They suck and they suck hard and they suck completely. I have always seen it, the national media has always chosen not to, God knows why.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

There’s definitely some in the media rushing to defend Garrett. One on ESPN even went as far as to imply racism.

It looks like Rudolph kicked him in the balls prior to Garrett ripping his helmet off. So I’m going to take a guess & say that was probably the trigger point for Garrett. That still obviously doesn’t even come close to justifying what he did.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
There’s definitely some in the media rushing to defend Garrett. One on ESPN even went as far as to imply racism.

I can guarantee you after five decades of seeing this **** happen that it will be a very small minority. It's not like he deserves to be defended or anything, it's just that I have been sick to death of the heroic slant of the coverage of that awful organization since I was about 10 years old and I despise the fact that there is another opportunity to gild them with laurels. They need to **** off.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I don't think I ever saw someone get pulled up off the ground by their facemask-awesome!
In a game that featured a few full speed headshots, that helmet smacking seemed pretty on brand and not too egregious. But of course Joe Buck said it was the worst thing he done ever saw, ever!

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad