OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Oh no guys. I've been so focused on the Redskins and how they would **** it up I didn't even think about the option that is at our feet now.

The Redskins ****ed this entire thing up by winning games actually and allowing the god damn Giants to fall into pick #2.... The god damn Giants are going to get Young.

IMO the most interesting and under the radar storyline going on in the NFC East right now is whether one of the Giants or Redskins will Rosen one of Jones/Haskins at the draft..

But yeah Young in the NFC East won't be fun either...

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Someone that didn't watch the game apparently
10 pts 1st quarter
10 pts second quarter 7 pts 3rd quarter

All while D gave up 5 straights TDS and Ertz forgot how to catch

so you're saying wentz can't keep up in a shootout against fitzmagic.

IMagine if Wentz found himself in a shootout in an important game with a quarterback like Tom Brady......

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Oh no guys. I've been so focused on the Redskins and how they would **** it up I didn't even think about the option that is at our feet now.

The Redskins ****ed this entire thing up by winning games actually and allowing the god damn Giants to fall into pick #2.... The god damn Giants are going to get Young.
Huge games against the Giants and Redskins. Need 2 losses there

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
10 pts 1st quarter

Did I say Wentz or Wentz led offense? Did I say the word also?

To act like it's only one side of the ball that's an issue is ignoring major flags. The offense wasn't able to put points on the board while the defense was leaking like a sieve. They weren't able to stop the bleeding and control the ball. It's both sides.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
10 pts 1st quarter

Yeah I don't think anyone will seriously tell you that Carson and the offense lost this game tonight. That would be stupid.

But 0 (EDIT: make it 3. Forgot about the late FG) 4th quarter points and not helping out his beyond struggling D after the opening drive of the third quarter certainly were not a good look for Carson and Doug either...

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

To act like it's only one side of the ball that's an issue is ignoring major flags. The offense wasn't able to put points on the board while the defense was leaking like a sieve. They weren't able to stop the bleeding and control the ball. It's both sides.

Not today it wasn't. It is 100% on the D and no one else.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Very true, they were stuck at 28 pts for too long

Reactions: JoemAvs

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
C'mon HC, 31 pts should get it done against the Dolphins.

Though in the first half, they needed one of those FGs to be a TD. I'll give you that for sure. Different game if that happens

That's what i'm referencing when I say these things. They had opportunities to put Touchdowns on the board and they weren't able to do so. Losers kick field goals.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

IMagine if Wentz found himself in a shootout in an important game with a quarterback like Tom Brady......

It wasn't really a shootout -- the Fins' DBs played very, very well compared to their standard.

It was only a "shootout" because our D couldn't stop them. The offense put 31 on the board because that's what good teams SHOULD DO against the Dolphins.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
That's what i'm referencing when I say these things. They had opportunities to put Touchdowns on the board and they weren't able to do so. Losers kick field goals.
Totally with you here, no question

There's always a "but" statement. All in all, the offense did enough to put them in a position to win, but they didn't win the game in spite of their D.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Yeah I don't think anyone will seriously tell you that Carson and the offense lost this game tonight. That would be stupid.

But 0 4th quarter points and not helping out his beyond struggling D after the opening drive of the third quarter certainly were not a good look for Carson and Doug either...

How little you know this fan base....

Because it absolutely is happening already.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Not unless he was playing the Eagles defense, no he couldn't.

The Dolphins scored 5 straight f***ing TDs,

Reactions: BiggE and Jtown

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Totally with you here, no question

There's always a "but" statement. All in all, the offense did enough to put them in a position to win, but they didn't win the game in spite of their D.

And I completely agree, but to say that it's 100% on the defense is ignoring these things. I'm not saying it's 50/50, hell i'm not even saying it's 75/25, but there is some blame to go around.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
And I completely agree, but to say that it's 100% on the defense is ignoring these things. I'm not saying it's 50/50, hell i'm not even saying it's 75/25, but there is some blame to go around.
For sure. In a shootout, the offense needs to dig deep. They could have dug deeper today. But the defense gave up 5 straight TDs and a field goal in 7 possessions. Imo, that's the biggest but statement of the day, to call back to my last post.

You hate to see it either way.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The loss is 100 percent the defense's fault today.

If you go by your logic, then a TD should be scored on every drive (which is insane) to avoid reasonable criticism.

They didn't move the ball to help out the defense. Look no further than when the game was 34-28 and the Eagles had the ball. What did they do? They went three and out and then the defense let the game be put out of reach with their field goal.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I DON'T HATE WENTZ. When I say things like #HireTua i'm joking around. Did Wentz and the offense do enough to win a game most days? Yes but it wasn't enough today when they left points on the field and that resulted in a loss due to the defense.
exactly. It's a fair point. Should have run the ball and ate more clock.

Defense was worse.

#FireThemAll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad