OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
How little you know this fan base....

Because it absolutely is happening already.

Yeah thats stupid. If you give up 38 to the freaking Dolphins lead by Fitzmagic blaming your QB is not a very valid take. The last 2 games? Absolutely. Tonight? Nah. That was on Schwartz and his group pretty clearly.

That said. No one would have been mad at Carson for winning this one for the Eagles which he certainly could have done. Arguably like Foles did in the Superbowl against the Patriots which very much reminded me of tonight strictly looking at how our defense played. I wanted Schwartz fired back then and I am certainly not fond of him now. I just think Groh is higher on the priority list for the chopping block so that is who I would can tonight. Not for the performance of our O tonight but for the last 3 games as a whole.
3 points in the last 25 minutes of the game certainly did not help our D all that much.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'll just leave it at this...

only-a-sith-deals-in-absolutes-gif-4.gif

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This could actually put them in Lamb territory. They're 12th right now.

I'm not against it.

The only real question I have is whether you go CB or WR with your (hopefully) top15 pick...
Because I think the best receivers might just be off the board by then already and I am a bit sick of every single high end receiver torching us every single game and I don't think we can get out of Jeffries and Jacksons contracts anyways next season.

Might just prefer picking a CB in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd (but for gods sake Howie one who runs sub 4.40, I can't stress that enough!)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The only real question I have is whether you go CB or WR with your (hopefully) top15 pick...
Because I think the best receivers might just be off the board by then already and I am a bit sick of every single high end receiver torching us every single game and I don't think we can get out of Jeffries and Jacksons contracts anyways next season.

Might just prefer picking a CB in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd (but for gods sake Howie one who runs sub 4.40, I can't stress that enough!)

I'd take the BPA. They're not getting into Okudah territory. Fulton would be a Home Run. Diggs is really a Press guy and it's a little early for CJ Henderson for me unless they win some games.

It's possible CB is BPA and it would definitely work for me. I'm just not sure it will end up breaking that way.

Or trade down into Henderson. Love that too.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I can see it now...

Giants take Chase Young
Redskins take Jerry Jeudy
Cowboys take Tua Tagovailoa

Eagles win division at 6-10 and lose to Seahawks by 21 at home.

As much as this would suck, going to the playoffs with this mess of a team and a 6-10 record would be something to tell your children. I am not sure I would completely hate it as long as Tua busts...

@JojoTheWhale :

I haven't followed college football all that closely this season but I thought that Jeudy and Lamb are the two guys you want and that both will probably be gone by the Eagles pick. I was actually thinking of Adebo or Diggs but if Diggs is Press Only maybe that wouldn't be a good idea then depending on who will be our D coordinator next year...

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale :

I haven't followed college football all that closely this season but I thought that Jeudy and Lamb are the two guys you want and that both will probably be gone by the Eagles pick. I was actually thinking of Abedo or Diggs but if Diggs is Press Only maybe that wouldn't be a good idea then depending on who will be our D coordinator next year...

You're 100% correct that those are the consensus top 2 WRs. Rough guess on Lamb is anywhere from 5-12, so it would take some luck for sure. Then it's where you slot Ruggs, Shenault, Higgins, and Reagor. You get wildly different opinions depending on who you ask on that group of 4.

It is tough to talk fit when we have no idea what's happening with Schwartz. Excellent point.

It's super early, but the way the 12ish range is breaking right now has you picking from CBs (maybe including Fulton), WR3+, OLs, an EDGE or two (Epenesa, Curtis Weaver), and then Safeties in Delpit and Isaiah Simmons (or LB if you prefer on the latter).

Reactions: JoemAvs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad