OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Week Two Vs. 49ers Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If anyone got the deal with Caesars to get a free jersey, I just got my gift card. All the Eagles players I wanted in my size were sold out. Didn't want to risk a Hurts or Smith jersey just yet. Considered Ertz but then realized they had throwback jerseys (also none of the Eagles guys I wanted were in my size) so I wound up getting a Fran Tarkenton jersey. Was really hoping they would have a Vinny Testaverde Creamsicle Bucs jersey but they did not (which seems weird because he's probably the best player (or at least most well known) player to wear that jersey when it was their normal jersey. Also considered Doug Flutie and Steve Largent. Then I picked up a Wentz jersey for $13 because why not maybe in 20 years I can wear it as a joke and a Minshew (Jags) jersey for $25. If the Jags one wasn't $25 I would have gotten an Eagles one. So basically just paid $40 for three jerseys and I've still got the money I wagered in my Caesars account. What a time to be alive!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I paid significantly less than two of these for a Montana gamer not that many years ago. I am floored.
Hoping for the FOMO to take ahold of people. They also typically haggle like used car salesmen. The price is never really the price unless it's the price.

Fanatics is the worst thing to ever happen to sports.

Funny thing is they had a Mailata for $800 which actually seems reasonable given the others.

I told the guy i'd pay a small fraction of that for a Smith.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hoping for the FOMO to take ahold of people. They also typically haggle like used car salesmen. The price is never really the price unless it's the price.

Funny thing is they had a Mailata for $800 which actually seems reasonable given the others.

When you get these jerseys do they come signed or is it just a game used one? I have a couple random game used stuff and it really isn't my thing unless it is signed (or from a big game or a game I attended).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

I just sewed an imaginary Cliff Branch black jersey with my mind, and I'm only charging $11,000 for the rights to own the thought of that blouse, so you can see how off-base Fanatics is with its pricing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
When you get these jerseys do they come signed or is it just a game used one? I have a couple random game used stuff and it really isn't my thing unless it is signed (or from a big game or a game I attended).
It's a personal preference and it's usually brought up monthly in the Facebook Game Worn groups about what people prefer and there's not really a right or wrong answer.

I personally prefer my game worn jerseys to not be signed as my preference is for it to stay the way as it was when it left the field. Does that mean that I won't ever touch a jersey that was signed? No, it does not. When I won Giroux's shirt off his back at STM appreciation night he asked me if I wanted him to sign it and my first thought in my head was nah but then I decided "hell yeah, i'm keeping this one forever" so I don't have to worry about the potential for resale.

Fanatics did originally have all of their gamers that they would get from the Eagles be signed. I don't know if they stopped that because people said that they didn't want that or if it was just a hassle to get done.

Autographs as i've gotten older don't mean nearly as much as they did when I was growing up. I really don't have any interest in getting any autographed pieces at the moment. The only thing i've thought about is a Justin Herbert helmet just because I need something to fill my media center shelves and a game worn item of his is not something i'll be able to afford in this lifetime.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Need 12 pts in PPR to get my first win of the year, I need 13 points total from Sanders and Smith.

f*** me if I lose !!!!!!!!!!!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

We’ve reached the point with Nagy where opposing players are laughing openly.

The plan made sense if Nagy has written off the season and wants to develop Fields, so he has him stay in the pocket to teach him the importance of quick reads and getting rid of the ball instead of relying on his legs. Otherwise, when running QBs learn early to depend on their legs to escape pressure they fall into bad habits they may never shake.

Of course, this assumes you can actually block well enough to give a young QB a pocket for 3 seconds.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The plan made sense if Nagy has written off the season and wants to develop Fields, so he has him stay in the pocket to teach him the importance of quick reads and getting rid of the ball instead of relying on his legs. Otherwise, when running QBs learn early to depend on their legs to escape pressure they fall into bad habits they may never shake.

Of course, this assumes you can actually block well enough to give a young QB a pocket for 3 seconds.

You can't learn when you're completely overwhelmed, either, so if this is a development plan then Nagy should be beaten with a rubber hose.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People who proclaim Brady is the greatest failed art class because they kept drinking the paint.

Nope, I got to go with Brady, even though I detest him on a personal level.

Look at Belichick before Brady, 5-11 with Bledsoe. And Bledsoe wasn't dreck, 4 PO appearances with Carroll and Parcells in NE. And Bledsoe played as well in Buffalo after he left NE as he did under Belichick.
Belichick had one winning season in five in Cleveland, Testaverde was a better QB after he got away from Belichick.

Since Brady, NE has been a mess, last season with Brady 12-4, 7th in points scored.
Brady goes to TB, where they had 1 winning season in 9 years, 11-5 and SB victory.
Now TB is loaded with talent from a 7 year rebuild, but still . . .

Peyton is a better pure passer, Steve Young might have been the most talented elite QB, but Brady "just wins baby."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad