OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Week Two Vs. 49ers Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Nope, I got to go with Brady, even though I detest him on a personal level.

Look at Belichick before Brady, 5-11 with Bledsoe. And Bledsoe wasn't dreck, 4 PO appearances with Carroll and Parcells in NE. And Bledsoe played as well in Buffalo after he left NE as he did under Belichick.
Belichick had one winning season in five in Cleveland, Testaverde was a better QB after he got away from Belichick.

Since Brady, NE has been a mess, last season with Brady 12-4, 7th in points scored.
Brady goes to TB, where they had 1 winning season in 9 years, 11-5 and SB victory.
Now TB is loaded with talent from a 7 year rebuild, but still . . .

Peyton is a better pure passer, Steve Young might have been the most talented elite QB, but Brady "just wins baby."

Brady has played with more talent and better defenses than Peyton/Rodgers/Brees, and still the only way he can pass Brees' stats is having Brees retire first. Drop any of those other QBs into those Patriots teams or this Bucs team, and they aren't winning fewer Superbowls.

You're also forgetting that the Patriots were 11-5 in the year Brady sat for injury once Bill was established and the train was rolling. Without Peyton, though, Indianapolis plummeted from 10-6 to 2-14.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
@JojoTheWhale

BOB or Nagy?

You can only pick one.

Without personnel control, BOB. With it, Nagy. BOB was a run of the mill below average coach. It was his personnel decisions that killed him.

The plan made sense if Nagy has written off the season and wants to develop Fields, so he has him stay in the pocket to teach him the importance of quick reads and getting rid of the ball instead of relying on his legs. Otherwise, when running QBs learn early to depend on their legs to escape pressure they fall into bad habits they may never shake.

Of course, this assumes you can actually block well enough to give a young QB a pocket for 3 seconds.

You can try to instill that without this game plan. I watched a good portion of his snaps. There wasn’t even an attempt to play to his strengths.

There’s development and there’s completely taking away what a player does well by your own design. I’m more than happy to disagree on where that slider is, but I think you would agree with me that this was way over the line into lunacy if I can find a breakdown.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
#NeverForget

Edit: Lol, I just noticed the shelves in the corner for the first time. Still wrapped it in playsheets. Top notch.

Screen_Shot_2020_04_25_at_11.06.54_PM.png

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We're going to do this roughly a billion times this week in the media. The number of articles about Belichick letting Brady walk will be countless.

It's exhausting, isn't it?

Brady had one of his best seasons last year. In an odd way, I don't think he gets enough credit for that. He had fallen off. Not only did he bring himself back up to top tier QB levels, he did it with a system that fits him TERRIBLY. I will never understand why these happenings mean we need to change history.

Now I'm not a longevity guy, nor will I ever be. But that's what his GOAT argument is, so I understand even if I don't think that way.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's exhausting, isn't it?

Brady had one of his best seasons last year. In an odd way, I don't think he gets enough credit for that. He had fallen off. Not only did he bring himself back up to top tier QB levels, he did it with a system that fits him TERRIBLY. I will never understand why these happenings mean we need to change history.

Now I'm not a longevity guy, nor will I ever be. But that's what his GOAT argument is, so I understand even if I don't think that way.
I know i'm exhausted of it already. I've been trying to mentally prepare myself for Sunday night's broadcast but no matter how hard I try I know i'm not going to be ready.

I believe we have at least similar definitions of what we consider the GOAT to be. At least personally I look for someone that is able to do things that no one else has done before or is able to do but more on a physical platform. Tom Brady has never been that guy for me besides when it comes to winning. He's the greatest winner of all time but I don't and won't ever consider him the GOAT at QB and that's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad