Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
819fa23fca19d3ed7c8bc7a2d503cc53.png
Doesn't seem optimal.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Can't understand the takes on Twitter of people mad at Jerry Jones for not paying Dak this offseason.

From all reports I read, they offered him more than Carson got and he rejected them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Can't understand the takes on Twitter of people mad at Jerry Jones for not paying Dak this offseason.

From all reports I read, they offered him more than Carson got and he rejected them.
IIRC the structure was “off” with how the money would be paid but that could also be wrong. It was still a very large amount of money.

It’s the risk you run as a player of not accepting that type of deal and betting on yourself that you can get more.

I don’t find fault anywhere in this type of situation. It’s just “sad” to see.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA
Anyone who posts it gets welcomed to my Igor Silent permanently.
I'm a Steelers fan (sorry) but the Dallas game was on while I was doing stuff around the house. That was terrible to see. I don't wish that kind of injury on anyone. I winced when I saw it, and then I was immediately reminded of the game when Pronger took the stick in the face and all that could be heard over the broadcast was him screaming. Awful stuff. Dak was either in complete shock, or one tough mofo....it looked like he tried to bash it back into place right after it happened. Damn.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
IIRC the structure was “off” with how the money would be paid but that could also be wrong. It was still a very large amount of money.

It’s the risk you run as a player of not accepting that type of deal and betting on yourself that you can get more.

I don’t find fault anywhere in this type of situation. It’s just “sad” to see.

I agree this with - I think there's fault on both sides. He was clearly offered good money and chose to bet on himself. Admirable, but this is the drastic fallout of that decision.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
This is getting to a weird point where people are accidentally realizing Howie could be making good draft picks afterall...

But our coaching is killing their development (which is a whole different issue, but still Howie's issue)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is getting to a weird point where people are accidentally realizing Howie could be making good draft picks afterall...

But our coaching is killing their development (which is a whole different issue, but still Howie's issue)
Sigh. I really really hope Lurie doesn’t buy this line of thinking. However, I wouldn’t put it past him in order to protect his buddy. It’s probably how he’s survived so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad