Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The 2004 Draft hits different. Man I was a dumb 11 year old watching it and was so confused with that Eli/Rivers shenanigans.

Chilling with a replay right now

RIP Mort

Edit: Holy crap. How did I read the draft ticker as a kid? This thing is ZOOMING

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
How’d I do?
IMG_2122.jpeg

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

We're inching so so so close to touch football

What are defensive players supposed to do?

Adding the members of the Competition Committee here just so you (like myself) know who to be upset at.
The NFL commissioner selects the members of the Competition Committee, which currently includes:
  • Rich McKay (Chairman) – CEO, Atlanta Falcons
  • Katie Blackburn – executive vice president, Cincinnati Bengals
  • Chris Grier – general manager, Miami Dolphins
  • Stephen Jones – COO, executive vice president and director of player personnel, Dallas Cowboys
  • John Mara – president, CEO and owner, NY Giants
  • Sean McDermott – head coach, Buffalo Bills
  • Sean McVay – head coach, Los Angeles Rams
  • Mike Tomlin – head coach, Pittsburgh Steelers

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
We're inching so so so close to touch football

What are defensive players supposed to do?

Adding the members of the Competition Committee here just so you (like myself) know who to be upset at.

I’m generally one who thinks this way about defensive penalties, but this is a specific thing that involves needlessly crashing all of your weight into the back of the legs of a ball carrier.

Now do I trust them to get it right in real time? Different question.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I’m generally one who thinks this way about defensive penalties, but this is a specific thing that involves needlessly crashing all of your weight into the back of the legs of a ball carrier.

Yeah, I mean I'm not a football fanatic or anything, but this feels like a no-brainer. That's just a wildly unnecessary way to tackle someone.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

This is why I take the stance I do. I have zero faith they'll call it properly in real time & it's going to make defenders think even harder than they already were.

Not tackle someone using a technique centered on buckling someone's knees the wrong way?

Good luck I guess

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I genuinely don’t understand why the NFL feels the need every offseason to make significant changes to the rules and the game.

Was it like this when I was growing up in the 90s and 00s and I just didn’t notice?

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
The one rule I wish they would enact is having one foot inbounds to register as a catch, like college does. If the NFL is more concerned with offense than defense, this would be a nudge in that direction.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
What was your reaction when they banned horse collars?

Does it matter?

Like in some ways, I get it. I understand why they can say it's a brother to a horse collar, but there comes a point where you have to draw a line under it and say man, football is just a physical, dangerous sport - and that's just the beast of it.

If it's a rule change that can prevent major injury, but be a positive for competition (like the new kickoff rule change), I'm on board. I like the new kick off format and think we'll see more Kick Returns. But the tackling bit is getting over-legislated for me.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think the nastiest hip drop tackle I’ve ever seen was Jordan Jefferson (Justin’s brother) on CJ Moseley after an INT. Think he dislocated his hip or something.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad