Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
@Chinatown88 Everything makes sense now.

GJH2hf4WcAA2d3O

:laugh:

When are they gonna do one for PFF? :laugh:

They pretty much have that one guy Max Chadwick covering college football by himself now.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH

This kid has basically done everything in his power to f*** a football career up & he still might get a shot in the NFL.

College is littered with those who were highly ranked recruits who disappeared during college. My LU transfer class had the No 1 ranked athlete for 1991 Antwan Chiles, later that year JT Morris (Penn St RB) transferred in. We had a highly recruited DT who transferred in from MSU, he was also the nephew of Joe DeLamielleure, our OL coach at the time. 1 never sniffed the draft process, 2 never finished their careers. Half the guys in my IU recruiting class we're in the Army or out of school in two years, the freshman class when I joined LU 4 actually finished their careers again most in the Army or out of school. LU while be in the I-AA still did a good job with getting player scene, most of the coaches had NFL pedigrees so scouts were around a lot. But its the nature of the game, each level weeds players out.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
College is littered with those who were highly ranked recruits who disappeared during college. My LU transfer class had the No 1 ranked athlete for 1991 Antwan Chiles, later that year JT Morris (Penn St RB) transferred in. We had a highly recruited DT who transferred in from MSU, he was also the nephew of Joe DeLamielleure, our OL coach at the time. 1 never sniffed the draft process, 2 never finished their careers. Half the guys in my IU recruiting class we're in the Army or out of school in two years, the freshman class when I joined LU 4 actually finished their careers again most in the Army or out of school. LU while be in the I-AA still did a good job with getting player scene, most of the coaches had NFL pedigrees so scouts were around a lot. But its the nature of the game, each level weeds players out.

The issue with him isn’t necessarily played related in the sense he usually gets himself booted from programs for behavioral issues before it gets to that. But others keep taking chances on him & he still might get one even with the NFL.

He was at multiple high schools, then multiple colleges (including Alabama), & then multiple junior college programs to where he’s now.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

This kid has basically done everything in his power to f*** a football career up & he still might get a shot in the NFL.

That Broad Jump would be the 2nd highest by an Edge on record and the only guy ahead of him weighed ~15 lbs less. :laugh:

The guy who holds the record is apparently something I blocked from my mind:

Bud Dupree. There's an all-time athlete who just never really figured out football. I still can't believe Tennessee paid him.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

@JojoTheWhale that 99 Penn State team was my first vivid memory of college football as disappointing as it ultimately ended.

Arrington was pretty good in the pros until injuries & ultimately he hung it up quick. Brown was/is a mystery a guy that good ended up busting as hard as he did.

Florida State with Warrick & Virginia Tech with Vick as well as things that I probably most remember as the start.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

@JojoTheWhale that 99 Penn State team was my first vivid memory of college football as disappointing as it ultimately ended.

Arrington was pretty good in the pros until injuries & ultimately he hung it up quick. Brown was/is a mystery a guy that good ended up busting as hard as he did.

Florida State with Warrick & Virginia Tech with Vick as well as things that I probably most remember as the start.

Arrington is another one of those guys that the league just wasn’t ready to deploy. He should have been Micah Parsons in the NFL.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

I am so jealous of people who have archived draft feeds. Would pay good money for those.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
A bunch of them are on YouTube and have surprisingly stayed up for years, including 2000.
I've been looking for 2002 for years and it looks like someone posted the first round within the last two weeks lol. It's 5.5 hours...

The funny part is I probably have these on VHS somewhere in my parents' basement. If I ever find the motivation to look for them and convert them. :laugh:

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

If I ever see an ancient evil walking around the city, I’ll be sure to say hello.

A bunch of them are on YouTube and have surprisingly stayed up for years, including 2000.
Wait what? I've been looking for years and have found nothing.

Edit clearly I'm dumb. It might be cause the more recent ones are harder to find that I gave up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad