Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Chip was right.
8ji1av.jpg

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017
How does the value we gave up for Pickett compare to the value given up for Fields? This feels like such a Flyers series of events. Did Fletch get a gig as special advisor to Howie?

Reactions: Pantokrator

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
How does the value we gave up for Pickett compare to the value given up for Fields? This feels like such a Flyers series of events. Did Fletch get a gig as special advisor to Howie?
Using a draft pick value chart you get

#98 2024 and two 2025 7th round picks for #120 2024 and Pickett

picks value
#98 = 108 pts
2025 7ths = 2 pts total

#120 = 54 pts

So Eagles gave up 110 pts of draft value for 54 points in return
That's a deficit of 56 points which would be a mid-4th round pick.

So the Eagles gave up a mid-4th value for Kenny Pickett.
The Steelers give up a FUTURE 4th (future worth less points) for Fields and only if he plays more than half the snaps in the season.

Most likely it will be Steelers giving up a 5th or 6th (if Fields is the backup the entire season and hardly plays)

Reactions: Bigkarl

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm going to guess the Eagles probably preferred to have the (cheap-ish) backup QB for two seasons rather than one.

re: Bush

I remember watching this game at midnight on Comcast Sportsnet (they used to show the Fox Sports West feeds late at night) and being in awe of what I was seeing. The back juke and reverse field was stupid.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm going to guess the Eagles probably preferred to have the (cheap-ish) backup QB for two seasons rather than one.

re: Bush

I remember watching this game at midnight on Comcast Sportsnet (they used to show the Fox Sports West feeds late at night) and being in awe of what I was seeing. The back juke and reverse field was stupid.

I remember when they lost to Stanford at home on that channel. They were like 30 point favorites or something.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
That was the good old days watching those '04 and '05 SC teams. Amazing players and of course most importantly they had the hottest cheerleaders in the nation.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

OK, if we were one of those teams (since Rapoport isn't exactly saying when each of those four mystery teams made their offers), I can buy Fields thinking he stands little chance of starting over Hurts, but not having that same feeling about Wilson when that option comes open.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

OK, if we were one of those teams (since Rapoport isn't exactly saying when each of those four mystery teams made their offers), I can buy Fields thinking he stands little chance of starting over Hurts, but not having that same feeling about Wilson when that option comes open.

Makes sense. I did read a report that they kicked the tires on Fields.

Bigkarl

Dec 27, 2017

That makes me feel better that Howie hasn't completely lost his mind.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That makes me feel better that Howie hasn't completely lost his mind.
Seems like wherever Fields was going to land, he was not getting his 5th year option picked up, thus would hit free agency in 2025. Unless he balls out, he's staring at a Baker Mayfield last season contract or a 1 year prove it type like Darnold just got from Minny. Well below the $25.5 mill 5th year option.

Philly contractually and cap wise has to be committed to Hurt. Steelers are not with Russ. But, I would figure Russ realizes that his hopes of MVP should be over and that he needs to focus on winning games, not personal stats. He's not a 35+ pass attempts QB like Brees. He needs to rely on a run game and take care of the ball and hit the deep shots, which he is good at.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

I don’t buy into these things, but it would be hilarious if this was comp pick manipulation.

While we’re here, why does everyone think the 49ers asking for 17 + Zay Jones for Aiyuk is too much? JAX should have done that.

I would've done it cause years of Aiyuk ownership in fantasy have made me a fan. Didn't they get Davis? They can afford to lose Zay Jones.

Also had Simms WR rankings in the background while getting my 10k steps in. Combining it with the Dane tweet from earlier, Nabers really is in discussion for WR1 for NFL teams huh.

"Shoot" is his favorite word. TIL

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Nabers really is in discussion for WR1 for NFL teams huh.

DJ has been saying this since November.

There's one nagging question I have about Nabers. So much of his production came on specifically Slot Fades. I'll see if I can pull that info, but it was absurdly high. Just from watching the guy, I really do get it. They fit different roles and offenses better. But that route doesn't exist in the NFL in the same manner.

Bringing up DJ reminded me of this Bucky Brooks QB development stuff that started today. Every time there is a couple of QB classes that don't work out, people lose their minds. It's exhausting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad