OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Is Bradford Hurt Yet? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I'm pumped because I snagged Brady in the 7th round of my fantasy draft as my back up qb. Looking like I'll have a prime trade piece now since Rodgers is my #1.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The fact it went on this long was stupid.

Greg Hardy beat the **** out of his girl and got the same suspension.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I'm pumped because I snagged Brady in the 7th round of my fantasy draft as my back up qb. Looking like I'll have a prime trade piece now since Rodgers is my #1.
Nice. Someone sniped him one pick ahead of me in the 6th round. I had Rodgers as well.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He also missed the entire last season. While at face the suspensions are the same but that aspect needs to be included.

That's because he was under trial the whole year, wasn't it?

Was it Carolina that told him to stay away? Was that an NFL ruling? If so that's different as well, that's a team trying to keep face.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
That's because he was under trial the whole year, wasn't it?

Was it Carolina that told him to stay away? Was that an NFL ruling? If so that's different as well, that's a team trying to keep face.

Hardy was found guilty in July of last year. He then appealed it and the girl never showed up to testify, which obviously is shady in itself.

Originally the Panthers deactivated him and then the NFL placed him on the Exempt list.

He was also suspended 10 games originally but an arbiter reduced it to four games.

My favorite thing about all of these Patriots fans are all of the people posting NOT GUILTY!!!! WOOO!!!!, yeah that's not how it works. This appeal was never about a matter of guilt. Brady isn't proven Not Guilty with this decision but the Patriots fans will act like it is.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
I don't hate, or like Brady and the Pats, and to assume this means he was completely unaware of the balls inflation is silly. But that suspension and witch hunt by that creep Jim Irsay were completely blown out of proportion.

If Gooddell's platform for his quarter season suspension is he "hurt the integrity of the game" then, he himself did many times worse for bringing in bush league replacement refs because he and his sniveling owners got cheap a few years back. And i still think that should have cost him his job.

I think you'd find most QB's alter or prefer their footballs a certain way, and some have even mentioned so on record since this has come out.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Greg Hardy got paid his entire salary. This is a great day for the NFL. Roger's power trip got overruled.

Great day for NFL, terrible day for anyone that needs to listen to Patriots fans who have no idea what they're talking about.

In the annals of history, Brady is guilty but he will never be given a suspension.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
My favorite thing about all of these Patriots fans are all of the people posting NOT GUILTY!!!! WOOO!!!!, yeah that's not how it works. This appeal was never about a matter of guilt. Brady isn't proven Not Guilty with this decision but the Patriots fans will act like it is.

He's innocent until proven guilty. He hasn't been proven guilty. The case against him has been ripped to shreds, the NFL, Gooddell and their lawyers have contradicted themselves and Wells multiple times.

My favourite thing about this is Gooddell (hopefully) further losing his dictatorship-like abilities, which he shouldn't have had to begin with.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
He's innocent until proven guilty. He hasn't been proven guilty. The case against him has been ripped to shreds, the NFL, Gooddell and their lawyers have contradicted themselves and Wells multiple times.

My favourite thing about this is Gooddell (hopefully) further losing his dictatorship-like abilities, which he shouldn't have had to begin with.

Uhh the NFL deemed him "guilty". Business organizations do not need the same standard of proof as a real court case does. That isn't erased from the record because Brady won this appeal. Brady is now and will forever be "guilty" in the history books for his role in the whole situation. The appeal did not change any of that.

If you have a problem with Goodell's dictator like powers blame the PA for not bargaining for something else. It's their own fault.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I mean guilty or not, does this change Brady's legacy? Still first ballot hall of famer. Still one of the best qbs to ever play the game in the modern era. No one will bring this up ten years from now when he is out of the game. No one is going to say the only reason he was good was because he preferred his balls to be slightly deflated... I just want this saga to be over.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada
I mean guilty or not, does this change Brady's legacy? Still first ballot hall of famer. Still one of the best qbs to ever play the game in the modern era. No one will bring this up ten years from now when he is out of the game. No one is going to say the only reason he was good was because he preferred his balls to be slightly deflated... I just want this saga to be over.

I wouldnt say "no one". I certainly dont see any reason why I would suddenly forget, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Im all for freeing Brady, but innocent until proven guilty is only in criminal court systems. It doesnt apply for the nfl.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
What is your league name? Because that happened in the league I'm in as well lol
it's called the PFFL. it's a league with my buddies from work so I doubt it's the same one unless we are co workers in which case, what a small world haha

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Uhh the NFL deemed him "guilty". Business organizations do not need the same standard of proof as a real court case does. That isn't erased from the record because Brady won this appeal. Brady is now and will forever be "guilty" in the history books for his role in the whole situation. The appeal did not change any of that.

If you have a problem with Goodell's dictator like powers blame the PA for not bargaining for something else. It's their own fault.

The NFL spent $5 million on a supposedly unbiased report that they then heavily edited (even though it left out a lot of information that makes a pro-Brady case, and hid the rest of it in footnotes), all while leaking false information through ESPN and never retracting or correcting any of it. The only convincing evidence they came up with is the "deflator" nickname, but that doesn't prove he deflated balls post-inspection (deflating them beforehand is not illegal, and is similar to Rodgers pumping them up loads and seeing if he can get them through). They also try enforcing a rule which they (and their referees) obviously have little chance discovering whether it's being overstepped, and only did this time because of two salty teams that were defeated by the Patriots, and a lot of old Jets personell in the NFL front office (the same Jets who received little to no punishments for similar events, including Favre and Feely). If this was such a big deal, the refs should be able to tell something's off with the balls they handle between every play.

Do I think Brady is absolutely necessarily innocent? No. Should such a minor event even come close to tarnishing his legacy? 31 fan bases seem to think so. Good job, Goodell.

Also, is every case in history that was overruled by a higher instance "forever" in the history books deemed to have been wrongly so? And the defendant guilty? I guess it's more common than it should be, and I admit that I've thought the same kind of thoughts in other much less publicised cases (usually actual crimes, which is more serious to deem someone guilty of without knowing all the facts). But he won't be guilty in the history books, just in the minds of a small majority of fans of other teams (and probably in those of an overwhelming majority of fans of teams like the Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Ravens, Steelers, Seahawks, et. al.)

Im all for freeing Brady, but innocent until proven guilty is only in criminal court systems. It doesnt apply for the nfl.

That's all fine and dandy, but he has to be offered fair process.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
I wouldnt say "no one". I certainly dont see any reason why I would suddenly forget, and I am sure I am not the only one.
You're right, I mean there's also people that believe sandy hook was a hoax... So are you saying Brady would not be a top 5 QB of all time without the help of slightly deflated balls? He only threw for 300 and 4 tds in the super bowl with the most scrutinized balls in NFL history. Im just not buying that it was a huge deal and really any rational fan cannot believe it made any difference in his career.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Here's the thing...did the deflation of the balls make him the QB is? No. Did he break the rules? Yes. It's been said a lot (around the internet, maybe not on here), but if he would have just come out and been like, "yeah, I like the balls a little more flat." He could have followed up with either: "I never told anyone specifically what to do, I just said I like the balls a little more flat, I didn't know that anyone was going to illegally deflate any balls, I thought they were ok," or "yeah, I told them to deflate them. I didn't think it would really do anything, it is just a preference thing." He probably would have gotten a slap on the wrist and no one would remember.

The problem is he denied it, then destroyed the phone and refused to cooperate and started playing the victim card. That is when it really went off the rails. So does it make him less of a QB? No way. Does it make him a lot less likable? Yes. Should he punished? Yes. How much? Idk but he deserves something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad