OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Preseason: Is Bradford Hurt Yet? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I basically have low expectations for the 2014 class sans Matthews at this point. Allen might end up being the second best player from that draft class & I don't think he's a starter in this league.

Huff could shock people. The way Chip wants to use him he could be an impact player.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Huff has the potential to be a great receiver in the NFL if he can get his consistency issue together. He'll make an amazing play and then drop the ball twice in a row.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So you are calling the 2015 draft class already because they don't look AMAZING in preseason in their first professional years?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
So you are calling the 2015 draft class already because they don't look AMAZING in preseason in their first professional years?

Agholor looks extremely promising, and Rowe, while he's made some mistakes, looks like he has alot going for him moving forward. We all know it typically takes defenders longer to get up to speed at the NFL level, especially DBs.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Meh I'll believe it when I see it. He needs to seriously cut out the bonehead plays for that happen. He was way too much of a net negative last year despite being placed in a limited role.

That's fine to be safe with that opinion. I'm going out on a limb, book mark it, Huff will have a damn good year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Eagles released RB Kevin Monangai, waive Acho and IR Shepherd to get to 75. Will be interesting to see who makes the practice squad.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
With the recent RG3 news that 2012 first round continues to look ugly outside of a few players (luckily the Eagles have one of them).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NFL_draft

I think it is still pretty solid.

Luck, Kalil, Blackmon (was excellent, just had off field issues), Barron and Tannheill are solid. Poe, Cox, and Irvin are all pretty damned good. Floyd is one of the league's better receivers out in AZ, just doesn't have a QB if you ask me. Kirkpatrick and Hightower out of Bama are solid guys. Doug Martin prior to injury was looking like a stud. Even if in the second round you have Brian Quick who is a good WR, Alshon Jeffrey, Coby Fleener, Bobby Wagner, Upshaw, Levonte David. Brock Osweiler could be a good QB and we just don't know it because Peyton Manning will never retire. Not a great draft but I think it is still pretty solid.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think it is still pretty solid.

Luck, Kalil, Blackmon (was excellent, just had off field issues), Barron and Tannheill are solid. Poe, Cox, and Irvin are all pretty damned good. Floyd is one of the league's better receivers out in AZ, just doesn't have a QB if you ask me. Kirkpatrick and Hightower out of Bama are solid guys. Doug Martin prior to injury was looking like a stud. Even if in the second round you have Brian Quick who is a good WR, Alshon Jeffrey, Coby Fleener, Bobby Wagner, Upshaw, Levonte David. Brock Osweiler could be a good QB and we just don't know it because Peyton Manning will never retire. Not a great draft but I think it is still pretty solid.

Well first off I said first round & secondly you're being a little generous with those player evaluations. Guys like Kalil & Barron specifically could be with new teams next year & in Barron's case it would be his third team since being drafted. I also don't care what their reasons are for not living up to their draft status as it doesn't change the outcome.

After Luck, Keuchly, Poe, & Cox there isn't really a whole lot to write home about in the group.

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
Well first off I said first round & secondly you're being a little generous with those player evaluations. Guys like Kalil & Barron specifically could be with new teams next year & in Barron's case it would be his third team since being drafted. I also don't care what their reasons are for not living up to their draft status as it doesn't change the outcome.

After Luck, Keuchly, Poe, & Cox there isn't really a whole lot to write home about in the group.
Tannehill is only getting better every year. He had 66% completion pct, three 27 tds/12 ints last year. Really isn't far off from being a top ten qb in the league. Could easily see him getting 30 tds this year and under 10 ints. I'd add him to the solid list as he is proving that he's a franchise qb it just took a couple years to get there. Still i agree, overall a pretty weak first round.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Tannehill is only getting better every year. He had 66% completion pct, three 27 tds/12 ints last year. Really isn't far off from being a top ten qb in the league. Could easily see him getting 30 tds this year and under 10 ints. I'd add him to the solid list as he is proving that he's a franchise qb it just took a couple years to get there. Still i agree, overall a pretty weak first round.

I wouldn't disagree if he were to have another good season this upcoming year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

What about Floyd and Irvin and Kirkpatrick and Hightower? They may not be superstars but they'd be starters on most teams (though, I'd take Floyd over a lot of WRs out there). Again, it isn't a great draft, but it isn't a bad draft either.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
What about Floyd and Irvin and Kirkpatrick and Hightower? They may not be superstars but they'd be starters on most teams (though, I'd take Floyd over a lot of WRs out there). Again, it isn't a great draft, but it isn't a bad draft either.

I just don't see a whole lot to get excited about there. I disagree & think it's a pretty poor first round especially considering there's a good amount of big disappointments in the top 10.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I just don't see a whole lot to get excited about there. I disagree & think it's a pretty poor first round especially considering there's a good amount of big disappointments in the top 10.

Fair enough. I think you are being too hard on some of these guys but to each his own.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
McCoy is questionable for Week 1. I get the feeling he's going to get beat up this year in Buffalo with the pressure being on him & the other skilled players due to the QB situation.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly

So you would put Cox in the top 5 of players from the 2012 draft? I probably would.

Also DFF overrating Michael Floyd, he's not* very good and had been pretty injury prone.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Keuchly is the man. I don't value ILBs too highly, but he is such a rare breed. I wanted him so bad. Cox is a nice consolation though.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Kuechly is a freakin' beast. Cox is a great player, but Kuechly is a monster for the Panther's defense.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So you would put Cox in the top 5 of players from the 2012 draft? I probably would.

Also DFF overrating Michael Floyd, he's not* very good and had been pretty injury prone.

Are you thinking of Malcom Floyd? Michael Floyd has played 16 games in each of his first three seasons so he's definitely not injury prone. He also put up comparable numbers to Jordan Mathews last year playing on a team with a worse offense, and the year before that had over 1,000 yards (the only year he had a halfway decent quarterback). I think Floyd is one of the better receivers in the league. He's not an elite talent, but I'd put him probably somewhere in the 10-20 range. With the exception of Agholor (whom I've not seen play in live game action yet in the NFL so idk), I'd put Floyd easily on the same footing as any WR the Eagles have in terms just talent. I'd probably take Mathews because he's a couple years younger but Floyd is every bit as good as Mathews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad