OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Oh give me a break. Like Brady is the first athlete to ever say we're not done yet

Never said he was?

I think it's possible to be tired of/dislike seeing him in the position he seems to usually find himself in (i.e.--conference championship games and/or SB's) but also respect that what he's accomplished isn't likely to be seen again in our lifetime.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Oh give me a break. Like Brady is the first athlete to ever say we're not done yet

Is being the first to do something the only one allowed to get some praise for it?

Weird flex, DP.

I just hope someday the truth comes out that the Pats circumvented the salary cap by funneling money to Brady under the table with his trainer and what not.

I definitely think this happened. I'm not very convinced Brady gave up that kind of money out of pure competition.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
No but I hope you're being serious here. His book is absolute 100% bullshit. Non inflammatory foods and shit. What a quack.

I am being completely serious. If anyone hasn't come across the history of his trainer/business partner Alex Guerrero, please seek it out. There's a special hatred in my heart for people who set out to prey on the terminally ill.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The weird flex is praising Brady for doing something literally countless other athletes do.

That's the thing: there aren't countless pro athletes that do it - and certainly not ones who have won so much that winning should be numb to them by now.

Go have a Snickers cuz you're sounding hangry over nothing.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
That's the thing: there aren't countless pro athletes that do it - and certainly not ones who have won so much that winning should be numb to them by now.

Go have a Snickers cuz you're sounding hangry over nothing.
There aren't? Lol. I've said that to my friends in outdoor roller hockey and we three peated at the time. Where's my podcast mention?

The Brady slobber is nauseating. f*** him. Also snickers is not my candy bar of choice. Not even in the top 2 tiers

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I wasn't trying to cause a stir or anything. I wasn't even commenting on Brady as a person, just him as an athlete. And @BrindamoursNose said it much better than I did--what I find respectable is that he has won so f***ing much that it would be somewhat expected that he is a bit numb to it. Again, wasn't trying to turn this into any sort of "Brady slobfest", because I think that would require me to be a fan of him and I'm not.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
There aren't? Lol. I've said that to my friends in outdoor roller hockey and we three peated at the time. Where's my podcast mention?

The Brady slobber is nauseating. f*** him. Also snickers is not my candy bar of choice. Not even in the top 2 tiers

Note that I said "Pro" athletes, not just athletes. You at your pickup game doesn't really mean much to the annals of time. The Snickers reference may've gone over your head.

And just to be clear: I also don't really care about Brady. I dislike him personally (I called him a dick in my original post) and don't go out of my way to watch him, but this is an admirable trait for someone who's won more than anyone. Can't understand why you're coming in so hot over nothing.

I wasn't trying to cause a stir or anything. I wasn't even commenting on Brady as a person, just him as an athlete. And @BrindamoursNose said it much better than I did--what I find respectable is that he has won so f***ing much that it would be somewhat expected that he is a bit numb to it. Again, wasn't trying to turn this into any sort of "Brady slobfest", because I think that would require me to be a fan of him and I'm not.

You didn't do anything wrong. He just got triggered for some reason. It happens. We're all miserable people on occasion.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Note that I said "Pro" athletes, not just athletes. You at your pickup game doesn't really mean much to the annals of time. The Snickers reference may've gone over your head.

And just to be clear: I also don't really care about Brady. I dislike him personally (I called him a dick in my original post) and don't go out of my way to watch him, but this is an admirable trait for someone who's won more than anyone. Can't understand why you're coming in so hot over nothing.

You didn't do anything wrong. He just got triggered for some reason. It happens. We're all miserable people on occasion.
Because f*** tom brady that's why

For what it's worth the rage isn't meant to be towards you but towards the media who pedal this dickhead every week. That's what I mean by slobber. If you think this is directed at you that's my bad and I'm sorry for that

In conclusion, f*** Boston.

It's just stupid that something so mundane like telling a teammate we're not done yet after winning a playoff game gets attention only because it's tom brady. That's the point. That's not rare in sports, but if Brady does it, they talk about it on podcasts and on espn. It's stupid. Sports are stupid. Hell hockey teams won't even touch the conference trophy because they're not done yet.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Because f*** tom brady that's why

For what it's worth the rage isn't meant to be towards you but towards the media who pedal this dickhead every week. That's what I mean by slobber. If you think this is directed at you that's my bad and I'm sorry for that

In conclusion, f*** Boston.

It's just stupid that something so mundane like telling a teammate we're not done yet after winning a playoff game gets attention only because it's tom brady. That's the point. That's not rare in sports, but if Brady does it, they talk about it on podcasts and on espn. It's stupid. Sports are stupid. Hell hockey teams won't even touch the conference trophy because they're not done yet.
The flyers did in 2010

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I believe Wentz is getting traded when I see it.
Right now it's all media types speculating.

Sirianni hasn't even had a chance to review film, much less sit down with Wentz for a long talk.
I doubt until that happens, the Eagles do anything.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I believe Wentz is getting traded when I see it.
Right now it's all media types speculating.

Sirianni hasn't even had a chance to review film, much less sit down with Wentz for a long talk.
I doubt until that happens, the Eagles do anything.

If the Philadelphia Eagles hired a coach that truly didn't watch any tape of the team prior to hiring the guy every single person involved with the process needs to be fired... immediately.

Any and every single candidate should have been asked what they think about Carson Wentz and what they think that they can do to fix him, if it's even possible. If Sirianni didn't watch any tape he couldn't have answered that question.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
If the Philadelphia Eagles hired a coach that truly didn't watch any tape of the team prior to hiring the guy every single person involved with the process needs to be fired... immediately.

Any and every single candidate should have been asked what they think about Carson Wentz and what they think that they can do to fix him, if it's even possible. If Sirianni didn't watch any tape he couldn't have answered that question.

Shrug. AV openly admitted he knew nothing about the flyers players when he took over. It kinda shows, too.

Let's hope that's not a precursor for the eagles.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He only had time to do a cursory review before his interview, that's very different from the in-depth review you do as a HC and with your assistant coaches. Before you go to talk with Wentz, you want to carefully analyze what he did right in the past and what he did wrong (and the team around him) in 2020. Otherwise you don't have anything to talk about.

A real film review starts with interns doing requested "cut-ups", you want to look at different plays and see how they're executed, not just look at games, and you want to isolate on different players. And you need a copy of the playbook (so you know what play, if he audibled and to what).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad