OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
You may even be able to throw Andy in there.

To quote a wise man, Chip Was Right. He knew what a cancer Howie was and it's not like it hasn't been known for years that he's an egotistical little shit that will cut anyone's throat that he has to. Chip reportedly wouldn't come here at first because of Howie's reputation.

It's truly astounding how Howie has been able to weasel out of all of these terrible decisions.

Like I’m not saying there wasn’t reasons for letting go of any of them. I probably really only disagree with Pederson. But how do you last over all that turnover of powerful people?

It was even before the Super Bowl win too. So it’s not just that & outside of that season the Eagles have been largely mediocre when Howie rose to power in this organization anyway.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
No please god don't trade up for Wilson...
Just don't....

The Eagles roster is in such a state that they shouldn't even consider trading up right now.
Maybe next year with the extra 2nd and if this years draft class is a giant success but not right now and also not for Wilson...
Think we had this discussion before so I'll just say nothing matters if you don't have a QB.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Think we had this discussion before so I'll just say nothing matters if you don't have a QB.

I agree. I just think that unless he reaches Mahomes level an even decent QB will have a tough time with this roster. So unless you are 1000% convinced you have the next Mahomes on your hands, patience is a virtue for the Eagles right now IMO...

Also I am not sold at all on Wilson. Would hate it personally if we traded up for him. That quote (has been denied but after what we have seen with Wentz I am not discounting any rumors about a guy anylonger (fair or not)) has been stuck in my mind for quite some time:

"(Wilson) has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat - uncle owns Jet Blue, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he's a know-it-all.".

I don't want potentially Carson 2.0 from a mental standpoint here even if it is only rumors. Add all the other concerns about level of competition, injury history, etc and let someone else take that risk please. Atleast please don't trade up for him...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Do you guys see Eagles drafting QB in round 1 or rolling with Hurts?

I dont see Hurts as answer to your QB situation

Also who do you guys want to draft if you draft a QB?

Hated the trade up for Wentz. Hated the pick. Was schmoozed for his MVP caliber year. Hated the contract Howie gave him. Hated everything about the situation.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Do you guys see Eagles drafting QB in round 1 or rolling with Hurts?

I dont see Hurts as answer to your QB situation

Also who do you guys want to draft if you draft a QB?

You're going to get wildly different answers around here. For me, unless you have a guy you think can be a top tier QB, you keep taking swings. I think QB is in play at 6 or after a trade up, but I don't think it's a lock.

I really try not to do this, but ignore anyone that talks about Ohio St/BYU's scheme being a huge negative on Fields/Wilson and doesn't ding Lawrence for the same thing. That's not a defensible position. Dinging all three or none, sure. That's just personal preference.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
unless you move up to 1..i think the best move would be to trade back..try a year of Hurts and go again

Reactions: renberg

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Great trade. The dead cap is irrelevant, sunk cost. The team will suck no matter what and they get two highly valuable picks.

I think we all underestimated how talent starved this league is at QB.

Assuming they draft a QB, trade Hurts immediately after that.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Hated the trade up for Wentz. Hated the pick. Was schmoozed for his MVP caliber year. Hated the contract Howie gave him. Hated everything about the situation.

This was me too. Started to think I was wrong during the MVP-level year, and now here we are. Who knows if it was injuries, coaching, or talent. Guess we'll see in Indy.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I'm willing to give everyone a chance. But I'm estatic that Wentz is gone now, there has to be SOME fire on him to all the smoke hit pieces that have come out.

Fire Howie still.

Last edited:

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
It's crazy how many wentz supporters are mad lol if anyone else came with as many problems as he had they'd be screaming for him to be gone. He's inconsistent, he's injury plagued, and he's a locker room cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad