OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I really need to see how much cap space they cleared in the end and if they got any decent picks (unlikely). I get these guys were overpaid and/or underperforming, but you have to keep in mind that they need to replace 3 starters now and it seems hard to believe they can do that with less than what they were paying with them on the roster without some significant cap savings and/or draft picks to get cheaper replacements

That's exactly the problem I have with it. Cap space only helps if you can actually do something with it. If they go out and sign overpriced guys to take those spots, what did Howie really accomplish? These moves need to flesh out before I can really say anything.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Titans have the #1 pick right?

So Franchise QB, solid VET RB, #1 overall pick.

I'm gonna go on limb and say they'll be improved.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Does this mean the Birds are eating money or that these guys are re-structuring when they get to their new teams?

I don't know. I read it like the contracts they have will be reworked, which I assume Eagles will probably only eat an accelerated signing bonus cap hit.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I really need to see how much cap space they cleared in the end and if they got any decent picks (unlikely). I get these guys were overpaid and/or underperforming, but you have to keep in mind that they need to replace 3 starters now and it seems hard to believe they can do that with less than what they were paying with them on the roster without some significant cap savings and/or draft picks to get cheaper replacements

You bring up the exact thing I was thinking. Yes, those guys were overpaid, but now we need to replace them... and hopefully with better players.

Maybe their thinking is, we can replace average with average just with less money?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
-Kiko is trash and wasn't projected to start
-Murray and his 3.6 yards/attempt is easily replaceable
-Maxwell was a soft, highly overpaid #2 corner that won't be that hard to replace

Yesterday was a great day.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Kiko lost his starting job, so the Eagles didn't lose a starter there. They lost depth, however.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Also, the Eagles really need to offer a jersey exchange to the fans after all of these moves the last two years. Make a good faith gesture to the fans like other teams have done in the past. I don't expect them to do anything like that though.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Also, the Eagles really need to offer a jersey exchange to the fans after all of these moves the last two years. Make a good faith gesture to the fans like other teams have done in the past. I don't expect them to do anything like that though.

Out of all the Philly teams, buying an Eagles jersey always feels like the biggest gamble to me. Shortest average career of the major sports and the Eagles truly have no issues moving on from someone.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_left_1.1

Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette, who left a game on a stretcher in November after suffering a serious neck injury, recently visited Redmond Fire Station 11 and told a poignant story of how close he was to dying on the field last year.

In a video posted on the Facebook page of the Redmond firefighters and paramedics, Lockette said his doctor explained to him how close he was to dying in Dallas on Nov. 1 and how the medical staff’s training saved his life.

“He said if I would have stood up then, the weight of my head — left, right, front, back — I would have died,” said Lockette, who still was wearing a neck brace. “If one of my teammates would have came over and pulled my arm, just barely, I might have died. Or if the returner at the time would have broken a couple of tackles and they would have fell on me, I would have died on that field.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I've held off on buying an Eagles jersey the last few years. Just haven't had a guy on the team I really liked enough to buy a jersey. Almsot bought a Kiko jersey last summer. :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I bought a signed Jordan Matthews jersey. Hopefully he stays long enough to do something memorable so I don't just have the equivalent of a Todd Pinkston jersey on my wall.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So given that the return on the deleted Allbright tweet (which matched the earlier rumor) was 8 for 13/Maxwell/Kiko/4th and was worded oddly, plus Kiko was supposedly a last second addition to the deal, and we now have this:

Maybe it was 8 for Maxwell + 13 and Kiko for a 4th? It seems like entirely too much. I think we all remember the ridiculous early Foles + 20 for Bradford + 10 rumors.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
Does this mean the Birds are eating money or that these guys are re-structuring when they get to their new teams?

The Eagle are responsible for all the prorated signing bonus money which they could have spread out over 5 years.

So Maxwell got a 6M signing bonus so the left over bonus equates to 4.8M of dead money. Murray got a 5M signing bonus so that equates to 4M of dead money. Kiko doesn't have any dead money against the cap.

After this season Maxwell and Murray are off the Eagles books.

JV11

Mar 18, 2014
Because McKelvin was released he can be signed before March 9th.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not buying the swapped 1st round picks. Remember we were supposed to get St Louis' 1st in the Bradford deal?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Ok, to finally clarify (per @AllbrightNFL):

#Eagles get 8th overall pick, 4th rd pick.

#Dolphins get 13th overall pick, Alonso & Maxwell.

- Doug Moore

I was soooo wrong

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Ok, to finally clarify (per @AllbrightNFL):

#Eagles get 8th overall pick, 4th rd pick.

#Dolphins get 13th overall pick, Alonso & Maxwell.

- Doug Moore

I was soooo wrong

Yeah, I still wouldn't believe that. Who the hell is Doug Moore? I saw Albright's deleted tweet but I still don't believe any of it until it's finalized. After all the Eagles were getting the Rams first last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad