OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select Carson Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
According to twitter, Doug Pederson is trying to get ahold of Sam but he's ignoring the phone calls.

Also I am NOT a Eliot Shorr-Parks fan. Complete opposite actually, I think the guy is a biased joke, but he isn't totally wrong:

Side Note: Not saying Daniel should start, but for a player to pretty much say he doesnt want to play for Philly, ignoring calls from coaches/teammates etc, but still being able to start... what kind of precedence does that show? That if you throw a fit when there is competition that it is ok?

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
I think sometimes athletes get bad advice from their agents. The things with the Eagles qb controversy is, do not put things in your head that creates a situation. Bradford is the starter and his attitude should be, I am the starter and do what I can to win a Super Bowl, and help develop wentz. Wentz should have the attitude, I will learn the playbook, watch hrs of film, and get better.when he's ready to start, it is what it is.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
At this point you would think he is finished,, even if he comes back and apologizes, that first red zone interception the fans are going to turn on him real quick.

Sounds like his agent really gave him some bad advice.

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I'd say at this point we wait to see if Bradford shows up for the first day of mandatory. He'd be a fool not to. He can't just sit out this year because I'd be very surprised if a team was willing to take a chance on him next year with his history, AND being out for a whole season this year. He's the one who's backed up against a wall, not the Eagles.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's really not Sam Bradford's problem if the fans boo him. His teammates are a different story.

If he can't force his way out, he'll eventually show up, apologize to the team, and life moves on.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
According to twitter, Doug Pederson is trying to get ahold of Sam but he's ignoring the phone calls.

Also I am NOT a Eliot Shorr-Parks fan. Complete opposite actually, I think the guy is a biased joke, but he isn't totally wrong:

Side Note: Not saying Daniel should start, but for a player to pretty much say he doesnt want to play for Philly, ignoring calls from coaches/teammates etc, but still being able to start... what kind of precedence does that show? That if you throw a fit when there is competition that it is ok?

I'm with you. I stopped following him, he has awful opinions and taeks

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I'd say at this point we wait to see if Bradford shows up for the first day of mandatory. He'd be a fool not to. He can't just sit out this year because I'd be very surprised if a team was willing to take a chance on him next year with his history, AND being out for a whole season this year. He's the one who's backed up against a wall, not the Eagles.

I think sometimes athletes get bad advice from their agents. The things with the Eagles qb controversy is, do not put things in your head that creates a situation. Bradford is the starter and his attitude should be, I am the starter and do what I can to win a Super Bowl, and help develop wentz. Wentz should have the attitude, I will learn the playbook, watch hrs of film, and get better.when he's ready to start, it is what it is.

each of you make an interesting point.

however I think howie should have delt sam to denver. Howie wants bradford to stay to let carson observ.

I can understand sam in all of this but he needs to stop his crying and do whatever eagles say.

1 sam decline to sign a long term deal several times this off season, he hasn't shown much in his career and he has gotten paid alot.

If I'm howie sam clearly wants out, alot of teams need a qb at this point heck, trade him and get whatever.

can daniel be a starter?

wentz runs the W C O, how long will it take for carson to learn? usually it takes 4 years for someone with 0 exp to learn the W C O.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

I think the answer to why Bradford would be handed the job over Daniel is because Daniel is not a starting QB. Bradford may not be a good starting QB, he's still better than Daniel. The team isn't going to hurt itself by starting Daniel over Bradford just because he's being a baby. Now, if Daniel outplays Bradford that's a different story. But at least at this point that isn't something I'd anticipate. It's Bradford job until it's Wentz's job.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think the answer to why Bradford would be handed the job over Daniel is because Daniel is not a starting QB. Bradford may not be a good starting QB, he's still better than Daniel. The team isn't going to hurt itself by starting Daniel over Bradford just because he's being a baby. Now, if Daniel outplays Bradford that's a different story. But at least at this point that isn't something I'd anticipate. It's Bradford job until it's Wentz's job.

That's not my point though. You cant set a precedence that if you don't get your way you will still be rewarded. What if other players start doing this (not saying they would). Should management guarantee them their positions if they go on strike too?

That is like saying "Sam, you can do whatever you want. Go ahead and skip practices and ignore your coaches/teammates. You will still be our starter!"

Last edited:

Foeman

for a case of Tastykakes
Jan 12, 2009
Wentz doesn't wear his jersey with big, dumb, dangly sleeves like Bradford. I like him already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad