OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select 13th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Take your pick. The signing was a mistake. Said it from Day 1.

I'm not saying that the signing was a great move, but it isn't like there were ample guys available. There weren't any real first round talents outside of who was taken in the 1st. Yeldon would have been a nice pick but I don't think he would have fared any better than Murray/Matthews. A better idea would have been just stopping once they got Matthews, but the RBs tgat were available at the Eagles picks weren't all tgat appealing outside of Yeldon. Maybe Abdullah or Johnson in the second, but most were pretty happy with Rowe IIRC.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm not saying that the signing was a great move, but it isn't like there were ample guys available. There weren't any real first round talents outside of who was taken in the 1st. Yeldon would have been a nice pick but I don't think he would have fared any better than Murray/Matthews. A better idea would have been just stopping once they got Matthews, but the RBs tgat were available at the Eagles picks weren't all tgat appealing outside of Yeldon. Maybe Abdullah or Johnson in the second, but most were pretty happy with Rowe IIRC.

Didn't even need to be that early. There are undrafted free agent running backs that make an impact every year like Rawls. Hell even Barner looked decent when he wasn't fumbling balls in the final minutes of games. Murray was the only one who looked like garbage. Schemes make running backs. Unless you can get your hands on freaks like Gurley or Peterson, investing a lot in a RB usually doesn't pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad