OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Giants 27-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It's getting old with all Philly teams this happy recruitment period followed by "Player X wasn't expecting this...."

You didn't see the historic tire fires at the stadiums when you flew in?

We're becoming the click bait sports town.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I know I probably say this often, but the refs seem to be screwing up a lot again.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Imagine if the Eagles would have went OL 2 drafts ago, instead of drafting Marcus Smith and Josh Huff.

Two players who have essentially no contribution to this team whatsoever. It really should not go overlooked how bad that set us back. Unacceptable.

Specially when you also consider the haul that Dallas had the last two drafts.

This could set them back significantly - Dallas had back-to-back fantastic drafts

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The good news is hopefully these annoying FanDuel and DraftKings commercials will stop with this scandal coming out. Can't wait for those companies to crumble.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
The good news is hopefully these annoying FanDuel and DraftKings commercials will stop with this scandal coming out. Can't wait for those companies to crumble.

I saw something about that. What is going on?

Also, I feel like I'm the only person I know among my friends who hasn't given up on the Eagles this season. What a bunch of negative Nancys.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I saw something about that. What is going on?

Also, I feel like I'm the only person I know among my friends who hasn't given up on the Eagles this season. What a bunch of negative Nancys.

Well the big story is somebody who works at DraftKings won 350K at Fanduels. Until Monday, it was ok to play at rivals sites, you just couldn't play on your own. Seems simple enough...but apparently this guy accidentally leaked information about % of owned players for the week. Again, nothing crazy, except when you drill down a bit, it seems the people who win big are the ones who stay away from the highly owned percentage player so they can separate from the pack. I mean if we all pick the same 5 out of 8 guys, how the hell can you win, right? The thought process is this guy is using information he learns from his company and uses it for his benefit at FanDuels, is it lock down logic? No, but does he have an advantage? One could say he does.

So in the long run, when I sign up for Draft Kings and play against 5000 other people, who else is in there from FanDuels that has insider knowledge about players that I'm going against, while I'm just some joe schmoe picking on a whim?

In addition, I think proof came out that employees of DraftKings and FanDuels play as dummy teams in there to create buzz or chat with players. So now I'm not even going against a real team who put in money? This part I'm not sure of, I thought I read it somewhere.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
they're proving to the average joe that they are a scam
this is ****ed up as the daily fantasy games are less about buying up the best players compared to finding market inefficiencies for that specific week and selecting players who will help the fewest amount of the competition while running cheap relative to their production...I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of "friends" of DK/FD employees were big winners because having this data on hand on a Sunday morning at 11 AM EST is exponentially more valuable than having "skill" at picking your team

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Below is the same guy who leaked the info's results in MLB in August. He won what I believe was $350K during that month also to go along with his $350K from football last week.

There is a website that tracks people's performance on DFS and out of his top 100 results, 7 of his top results came before he worked at DraftKings. That more than likely is due to the nature of DFS blowing up but it can't be overlooked. The amount that he has won and the times that he has won is just not possible without help. The best people in the world at it don't win nearly that much.

ethan-haskell-fanduel-success.jpg

ethan-haskell-mlb-fanduel.jpg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Funny thing is, I stayed away from DraftKings because of how their obnoxious their ad campaigns have been. Apparently they have a $350 million marketing contract with ESPN!

Glad I stayed away and wasn't scammed by these ********.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I tried a Yahoo league earlier in the week. Was not impressed and probably will not ever play again. I'll stick to regular 'ol sports betting.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I eliminated fan duel as a possibility when in one of the commercials the guy said he'd won over $29,000 playing fan deul, but then underneath his name it said his total winnings were like $34,000.

Wouldn't you say your winnings were over $30,000 in that case?

How arbitrary to choose $29,000 as your over/under benchmark.

**** that company.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I used to play a form of fanduel about 5 years ago before fanduel and draftkings blew up. It was so shady. They used to mail the checks but it would take like 4 weeks to get it and then eventually the site shut down when I had about $100 in my account.

I forget the name of the site.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Not the biggest CFL fan...

But the Argos vs Redblacks game that just finished was pretty epic. Ridiculous catch for the winning TD and a lead that changed 6 times.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I think the only legit way to play is in small groups with "leagues" or "challenges"

The huge groups of 50K people is way to easy to scam people, you can create bots to win, and almost nobody will be able to catch it.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
"You hit two kicks and we are sitting here 3-1 and everybody's happy."

Pretty disappointing coming from a NFL coach.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Wasn't the smartest words in the world with how the team has performed but the media would give it a 100% different narrative if they were 3-1. At that point it would be they're a bad 3-1 but since they're 3-1 they have time to improve the rest of the season instead of FIRE CHIP! OMG HE'S WOAT! HE'S A FRAUD!

YEM

Mar 7, 2010

and the giants would be 4-0 if they could change the results of a couple of plays where they made mistakes
lame excuse...

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Wasn't the smartest words in the world with how the team has performed but the media would give it a 100% different narrative if they were 3-1. At that point it would be they're a bad 3-1 but since they're 3-1 they have time to improve the rest of the season instead of FIRE CHIP! OMG HE'S WOAT! HE'S A FRAUD!

Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad