OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Giants 27-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
iggles have the worst time-of-possession of any non-expansion or non-strike team through 4 games ever

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Not true at all. He is a very good runner. Again, the pocket isnt collapsing every time they throw.

yeah, and on those 3 plays per game where the pocket doesn't collapse like a wet napkin, Bradford makes a play.

It's not even close, the Bradford delusions are getting real hilarious if we're now using Tyrod Taylor as an example of some sort of hindsight.

Im honestly not sure what you're watching if you think Bradford is even close to this teams biggest issue. Tyrod Taylor doesn't make receivers catch routine balls, he doesn't make 2 idiots into starting NFL guards and he doesn't make the kicker hit average PATs and field goals. He doesn't make Jordan Matthews make an effort on a ball that was 2 feet out of his reach and he doesn't make Chip realize how many ****ing tells this offense has.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
It's not even close, the Bradford delusions are getting real hilarious if we're now using Tyrod Taylor as an example of some sort of hindsight.
saying that this team scores 0 points with Taylor, the 9th in the league in QB rating, in comparison to Bradford, 24th in the league in QB rating, is also a hilarious delusion, even moreso than the ones yr complaining about

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I do not know how Tyrod Taylor would do for the Eagles but I was watching a stream of the Bills game yesterday and while he didnt look like a top 5 QB, he had some REALLY nice throws. That and the Bills OL is bottom 5 in the NFL, but Taylor can really move so he can avoid sacks.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
There are so many moving parts here it is impossible and unfair today to say Chip Kelly is awful and outmatched coach.

Where right now I have a very difficult time digesting all of this is the OL that Chip out in place. There is no condition for any success offensively right now with that group of 5 up front. I don't care if it is Aaron Rodgers throwing to Julio Jones and Adrian Peterson in the backfield. It is not happening right now with this group.

This I put on Chip 100%. If you are going to let go of Herremans and Mathis you need to have a better plan than what played out. OL has been ultimately ignored by this team since the 2013 draft and they are paying an awful price for this today.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Please tell me more.

This is the NFL not college. The league has figured our boy Chip out and he so far has proven not being able to change on the fly. The owner knows he screwed up giving Chip all the power but it is to late to save the season, so unless Chip and Jeff get a true GM this team is in trouble. However if Jeff does that it will hurt Chip's feelings do to the fact the media is ready to pounce on Chip. The way he treats the press has not made him to many friends and paybacks are a *****. I still have a shot at 11-5 for the season, they only have to go 10-2 the rest of the year.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
The front 7 has been disappointing as far as pressuring the QB goes. They're run defense has been pretty excellent, but we can't sustain any consistent pressure.

Hell, even when we blitz (didn't seem like we did much last game) we don't get to the QB.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Some coaches find it useful to view the season in 4 blocks. Awful first block, but 3 remain.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
saying that this team scores 0 points with Taylor, the 9th in the league in QB rating, in comparison to Bradford, 24th in the league in QB rating, is also a hilarious delusion, even more-so than the ones yr complaining about

He has alot more going for him in buffalo than bradford has here, is my point.

I am in no way a blind Bradford supporter, there are number of QBs id rather have than him right now, but Tyrod Taylor is NOT one of them.

Bradford hasn't been fantastic. He's started slow in games, he's missed receivers, he's looked shaky and uncomfortable at times and he's he's made some bad plays... but he hadn't played a meaningful snap in 23 months, he's playing with an entirely new team, a team that can't do anything right in front of him as well as figuring out an offense that's also entirely new to him. It's also hard to execute when opposing defenses KNOW you have NO confidence in your running game because your o-line is trash. What does that mean? it means they're going to drop into coverage every time, and send everyone up front at the QB... unless Brent Celek is lined up, which is pretty much akin to chip going across the field and saying "hey, we're going to run the ball right now" to the oppositions' coach.

On top of all that, he's definitively shown an ability to get better and he's also made some really good plays, IN SPITE of an offensive line that is so bad that it cannot even be described with an existing word in the english language and a group of skill players that are flat out NOT getting it done around him. Is some of the teams discrepancy on bradford? sure. Is most of it, or even more than a fraction? Absolutely not.

1. O-Line
2. Kicking
3. Play Calling
4. Receivers not catching balls
5. No Pass rush whatsoever

are the top 5 reasons this team is where it is right now.

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Imagine if the Eagles would have went OL 2 drafts ago, instead of drafting Marcus Smith and Josh Huff.

Two players who have essentially no contribution to this team whatsoever. It really should not go overlooked how bad that set us back. Unacceptable.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Imagine if the Eagles would have went OL 2 drafts ago, instead of drafting Marcus Smith and Josh Huff.

Two players who have essentially no contribution to this team whatsoever. It really should not go overlooked how bad that set us back. Unacceptable.

I think everyone could agree on that...

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I think everyone could agree on that...

I think more fans were looking at last draft to address the OL, when in hindsight 2013 was the year to do it.

It doesn't matter at this point. What really sucks is that our potential high 2nd round pick, this year, is owned by St. Louis.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
He has alot more going for him in buffalo than bradford has here, is my point.
I don't really agree with that at all

not to go into too much detail re: comparing the bills v. eagles, but taylor has a head coach who has admitted-many times-that he's not an offense guy and leaves that part of the team to his assistants, etc. and we know about chip's background.

& I didn't say I wanted taylor, or they should have gotten taylor, or any of that

but he hadn't played a meaningful snap in 23 months, he's playing with an entirely new team, a team that can't do anything right in front of him as well as figuring out an offense that's also entirely new to him
taylor hasn't had a meaningful snap...ever before this season & is with a new team also (and they are the hapless buffalo bills)

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I don't really agree with that at all

not to go into too much detail re: comparing the bills v. eagles, but taylor has a head coach who has admitted-many times-that he's not an offense guy and leaves that part of the team to his assistants, etc. and we know about chip's background.

& I didn't say I wanted taylor, or they should have gotten taylor, or any of that

taylor hasn't had a meaningful snap...ever before this season & is with a new team also (and they are the hapless buffalo bills)

doesn't really have anything to do with the way the offenses are playing. The bills are clearly creating a more in sync environment for Taylor to operate than the eagles are for Bradford.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
doesn't really have anything to do with the way the offenses are playing. The bills are clearly creating a more in sync environment for Taylor to operate than the eagles are for Bradford.
true
it's not sam's fault that the line stinks, and hence, the run game is subpar
and it's not his fault his receivers have had a lot of drops, etc

it's all pointing right at chipper

also have noticed how andy used to say [a million times if he said it once] I have to do a better job at putting players in position to win...
in chipper's pressers he says, "the players are in the position needed to win but they aren't executing"

saw what you will about andy but the players loved him-not sure how players will take to chipper's comments here but I can guess...

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
-Bradford: I don't get all the "if we had Foles" or "OMG Tyrod Taylor!". With that OL, I don't understand how anyone can honestly assess Brdford at this point. I lean towards him being a decent QB simply because that OL is just awful.... I mean, Demarco Murray can't even gain 50 GD yards per game behind it!

-Defense: Don't see how anyone can complain about the D not getting pressure. They have some key injuries and are on the field more than any other freaking defense in the history of football! They look spent after 1.5 quarters.

-Kicking: How in the world can an NFL team not find a serviceable kicker in 7 years (is that how long ago Akers was booted?)?

-Chip: the honeymoon is over and we are going to see what this guy is made of. I can't blame him for a player missing a block, dropping a pass, fumbling the ball or a kicker missing a PAT; however, he can be blamed for a completely sloppy football team. Other than Sproles and minor bright spots from a couple other players, this team is incredibly bad. IMO, he has one more offseason to get this pulled together before this city eats him alive.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Probably never see this again...

56129ba31600002e00038017.jpeg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/spooky-nfl-photo_56129b08e4b0af3706e15f32?cps=gravity_1598_3079021430020342934

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
true
it's not sam's fault that the line stinks, and hence, the run game is subpar
and it's not his fault his receivers have had a lot of drops, etc

it's all pointing right at chipper

also have noticed how andy used to say [a million times if he said it once] I have to do a better job at putting players in position to win...
in chipper's pressers he says, "the players are in the position needed to win but they aren't executing"

saw what you will about andy but the players loved him-not sure how players will take to chipper's comments here but I can guess...
if they are crybabies sure, if they are men they should be saying their execution blows.

The coach is right here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad