OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Bills 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
He'll be a successful coach, but probably not here. Can't judge a coach when he doesn't have his QB. The QB makes or breaks the coach. What was Belichick before Brady?

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I dont necessarily know if this is Chip, the coach's fault.

Players dont make plays.

The general manager? Sure is
agree.

Oline was terrible to start the season, and our season was depending on Bradford to elevate our team. He's not very good.

With Bradford being mediocre and inconsistent, we were not going anywhere.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He'll be a successful coach, but probably not here. Can't judge a coach when he doesn't have his QB. The QB makes or breaks the coach. What was Belichick before Brady?
a standout DC, HoF level DC. But yes, Brady has made him in the GOAT coach discussion.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He will be back, but he shouldnt be. They need to take away him as the personnel decision maker and if he has a problem with it show him the door.
from a personnel standpoint, what has been so egregiously bad?

Bradford trade was bad, but I don't get being too mad about anything else.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
from a personnel standpoint, what has been so bad?

Bradford trade was bad, but I don't get being too mad about anything else.

Maxwell, he seems like he cant identify offensive talent. The defensive picks while here have been good.

Im not even mad about this team, I could see this coming after the Washington loss.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
And as a head coach? Without Brady, Belicheck is not in the discussion for greatest of all time, and the same can possibly be said for Brady.
isn't that what I said? Bill would probably be winning without brady...he did well in CLE and went 11-5 with cassell.

Brady is probably benefiting more from Bill. Good players can't succeed in bad environments.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
He'll still be back for next year but he should be entering next season on the hot seat.

Any other team in this league, he would be on the hot seat right now. But Lurie wanted to pretend he had the next Belichick. I blame Lurie, and Lurie alone for giving Chip the reigns after failing to make the playoffs last year. Chip's got Jeff's balls in a vice, and now his team will have issues going forward and the fans are the ones to suffer the most.

Also, on Chip the coach, this is what happens to a defense late in the year when they're out there for the majority of time in the first half of the year. They get tired, don't make the same plays they used to, and make mistakes. This defense is not what it looked like earlier in the year, and Chip's 3 and outs on offense are to blame. The Eagles are converting less than a third of their 3rd downs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Chip has ran off all these productive players from the past which is fine & there's certainly logical reasons for doing so but he hasn't come close to replacing that production or element those players brought.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Maxwell, he seems like he cant identify offensive talent. The defensive picks while here have been good.

Im not even mad about this team, I could see this coming after the Washington loss.
maxwell is better than Williams probably.

Maxwell is a hired gun who was never worth that deal. However, that's luries problem as it's his money. Who else would we have gotten to be any better.

Namdi was a bigger fail, that guy was really good in OAK.

Agholor looks ok at times, been hurt so hard to say.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Maxwell signing, Alonso trade, O line, and wr's... to name a few. :shakehead
alonso deal is nothing, o line, yes it would have been nice to be better he thought guys he had could do it, bUT couldn't.

I guess my thing is his choices haven't been A+, for one year. Does be not deserve another year as a chance? I don't think it's been that bad that it can't work. His first two years he won 20 games.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
alonso deal is nothing, o line, yes it would have been nice to be better he thought guys he had could do it, bUT couldn't.

I guess my thing is his choices haven't been A+, for one year. Does be not deserve another year as a chance? I don't think it's been that bad that it can't work. His first two years he won 20 games.

While losing to pretty much every playoff team on those schedules.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Progress is not linear, but this team has regressed from year 1. No reason why he should be back. None.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad