OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Bills 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I thought Bradford looked pretty decent today. Man, Miles Austin was GARBAGE. If he even raised his arms on that TD play it's either caught or tipped for an incomplete, as many have said. What a joke.

I hope they can keep this defensive core for a while. They are good. That tipped ball TD was terrible though. Soon as that ball is tipped they should be laying out every receiver in the area.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So.... Jared Goff or Connor Cook?

I'd go Connor Cook. I think he's the best QB in this draft AINEC, but I don't think he's a good fit for Chip's offense. I think they need to get a guy that can really move (i.e., Mariota, Manziel, Vick, etc.). Not suggesting one of those three, just a QB that can move like them. Connor Cook is not that guy. Now, if Chip is canned and someone new comes in and goes back to a more traditional offense, then I'd be all about Cook. That being said, I am almost always wrong about these things so he will probably suck.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
I'm still winning my fantasy league despite key injuries all damn season. Now Edelman. Lost Forte, Dion Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeffery has been up and down. Lost Bell, Lewis, and Smith in another league. Smirk. I horded L. Miller and was lucky enough to pick up Doug Martin. Still, the way my waiver wire is I wasn't able to pick up Freeman, Langford, or friggen DeAngelo Williams. People getting rewarded for being bad.

I waived Peyton Manning weeks ago and replaced with Blake Bortles after getting fed up with Tannehill.

Will replace Edelman with Julio Jones (bye week so benched this week). WR Depth drops to Hurns and Decker though.

Might lose this week though. Up 34 points (PPR) and opponent has AJ Green and Hopkins. Edelman injury may cost me this one.

Hurns isn't that bad he has a touchdown in each of his past 7 games i believe

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I'd go Connor Cook. I think he's the best QB in this draft AINEC, but I don't think he's a good fit for Chip's offense. I think they need to get a guy that can really move (i.e., Mariota, Manziel, Vick, etc.). Not suggesting one of those three, just a QB that can move like them. Connor Cook is not that guy. Now, if Chip is canned and someone new comes in and goes back to a more traditional offense, then I'd be all about Cook. That being said, I am almost always wrong about these things so he will probably suck.

The guy they should take a very serious look at is Paxton Lynch out of Memphis. This kid has the entire makeup of an elite QB and would be the ideal fit to this offense. The problem is he has been sky-rocketing up the draft boards and is now being considered as the #1 QB prospect.

I've watched a lot of Lynch this season and he would add the extra dimension to this offense that is so painfully lacks. The threat of a QB keeper off the zone read. He is not a burner like Vick but he is athletic enough within his 6'7" frame to get those yards on the ground.

How many times yesterday did Miami just completely sell out on the RB with the backside defender crashing down hard. Specially with Sanchez in the game. You are talking about 20-25 yards of clean grass ahead before anyone can get to the QB if he keeps it and runs it. It would completely change the way defenses play them yet I am yet to understand why Chip has not made it a priority to go after a multiple threat QB.

Lynch has been fantastic all season. His mental makeup reminds me a little of Rodgers. The action around him is never too big he is always composed in the pocket. He has a very strong arm and can make most if not all the throws on the field. His accuracy is at times off which I would say is his biggest weakness. Some will question strength of competition yet he destroyed Ole Miss this year and the American has been one of the best conferences in football this season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The guy they should take a very serious look at is Paxton Lynch out of Memphis. This kid has the entire makeup of an elite QB and would be the ideal fit to this offense. The problem is he has been sky-rocketing up the draft boards and is now being considered as the #1 QB prospect.

I've watched a lot of Lynch this season and he would add the extra dimension to this offense that is so painfully lacks. The threat of a QB keeper off the zone read. He is not a burner like Vick but he is athletic enough within his 6'7" frame to get those yards on the ground.

How many times yesterday did Miami just completely sell out on the RB with the backside defender crashing down hard. Specially with Sanchez in the game. You are talking about 20-25 yards of clean grass ahead before anyone can get to the QB if he keeps it and runs it. It would completely change the way defenses play them yet I am yet to understand why Chip has not made it a priority to go after a multiple threat QB.

Lynch has been fantastic all season. His mental makeup reminds me a little of Rodgers. The action around him is never too big he is always composed in the pocket. He has a very strong arm and can make most if not all the throws on the field. His accuracy is at times off which I would say is his biggest weakness. Some will question strength of competition yet he destroyed Ole Miss this year and the American has been one of the best conferences in football this season.

TBH, I've not watched a single down of Memphis so I can't really comment, but I have heard the same stuff. You say he's not a burner like Vick, but can still get the yards on the ground...speed-wise to whom would you compare him?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Foles is only one of the underlying issues with that team. The biggest problem is their coach. Also when you get torched by Jay Cutler, you know you have issues.

Rob Ryan unsurprisingly got sacked.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I guess you could say so.

Going against Dalton and Sanu tonight.

Have the Bengals D. Up 35 points.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
TBH, I've not watched a single down of Memphis so I can't really comment, but I have heard the same stuff. You say he's not a burner like Vick, but can still get the yards on the ground...speed-wise to whom would you compare him?

I don't have any measurables but the eye test he reminds me a lot like Cam Newton running with the ball.

The great thing about his game is that he makes that a secondary threat. He is really focused on staying within the pocket and delivering bigger plays downfield. But the threat is absolute real

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
They've gotta resort to fumbling, letting the defense recover and then fumbling themselves to gain 1st downs on the opening drives...:help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln