OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Eagles Defeat Bills 23-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I bet he got concussed on the INT that was called back at the end of the 2nd Qtr. Doubt it happened on the hit that put him out.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Man that was an exciting ending.

Would've been much more satisfying had the Eagles beat the freakin' Dolphins!

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Man that was an exciting ending.

Would've been much more satisfying had the Eagles beat the freakin' Dolphins!

Indeed. Yet, still a game behind the Giants with two weak teams coming up, though as I stated before, winning against them will be tougher said than done with Sanchize making costly errors.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I'm still confused by that holding penalty and the botched snap fumble not fumble fiasco. The Dolphins declined the penalty and then accepted it and then challenged it. What did they rule?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'm still confused by that holding penalty and the botched snap fumble not fumble fiasco. The Dolphins declined the penalty and then accepted it and then challenged it. What did they rule?

I dont have volume at work, but from what I saw it seemed like the Dolphins challenged that they ever had possession of the ball. Had they ruled that he had possession fumbled and the Eagles recovered it should have been 1st and 10 Eagles instead it was 4th and 27

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I dont have volume at work, but from what I saw it seemed like the Dolphins challenged that they ever had possession of the ball. Had they ruled that he had possession fumbled and the Eagles recovered it should have been 1st and 10 Eagles instead it was 4th and 27

Looked pretty obvious to me that the guy had possession. Whole thing made no sense.

Also, Austin is the definition of trash.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Me too, I was confused as well and would welcome an explanation. As far as I know, if possession changes at all it should result in a 1st down, so I don't understand how it was still 4th and 27 with them declining the penalty

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm still winning my fantasy league despite key injuries all damn season. Now Edelman. Lost Forte, Dion Lewis, Steve Smith, Jeffery has been up and down. Lost Bell, Lewis, and Smith in another league. Smirk. I horded L. Miller and was lucky enough to pick up Doug Martin. Still, the way my waiver wire is I wasn't able to pick up Freeman, Langford, or friggen DeAngelo Williams. People getting rewarded for being bad.

I waived Peyton Manning weeks ago and replaced with Blake Bortles after getting fed up with Tannehill.

Will replace Edelman with Julio Jones (bye week so benched this week). WR Depth drops to Hurns and Decker though.

Might lose this week though. Up 34 points (PPR) and opponent has AJ Green and Hopkins. Edelman injury may cost me this one.

Last edited:

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Miles Austin should have been cut on the way back to the locker room. The guy is so clearly going through the motions to earn a pay check. The Sanchez interception was a bad decision by Sanchez, but the throw itself wasn't bad. If Austin gives any kind of effort there, it's at worst an incomplete pass and may have well ended up a touchdown. Add to it the wideopen crossing route where he doesn't look for the ball & the throw in the endzone that any rookie knows to drag the feet yet somehow a 9 year pro can't seem to get that down. And then there was the audible Bradford tried to call in the 1st when he noticed Austin was completely uncovered and Austin doesn't know to even look for a pass. Seriously, there must be at least dozen practice squad receivers out there better than what Austin is giving this team.

Looked pretty obvious to me that the guy had possession. Whole thing made no sense.

Also, Austin is the definition of trash.

How I understood it:

The refs originally ruled that the Dolphins never had possession, which made it 4th down and the Dolphins declined the penalty. The refs then conferred and ruled the Dolphins did have possession, which should have given the Eagles a fresh set of down, however the Dolphins accepted the penalty which negated the play completely, making it 3rd and long. The Dolphins then challenged the play and it was ruled they never had possession bring it back to 4th down.

Last edited:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
How did Lane look at LT today?

What SM said was true, but he wasn't as bad as the rest of the OL.

That's not saying much though at this point.

You really have to start wondering if Kelce has a future with this team though. Dude has not really been himself all year, and has been killing the team drives all season.

Probably because lack of depth at OL, he'll be here next year, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad