OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Are you talking about in LA? In 2008 there were apparently gang fights in the upper deck of Dodger Stadium. Believe there was also stabbings in the parking lot. Of course nobody ever mentions this. There was also the Giants fan that was nearly beat to death in LA in April of 2011. But no, this only happens in Philadelphia.

Yeah. I think it was 2009 when I went. Pedro Martinez pitched the game and we lost 2 to 1.

Point is, ******* behavior isn't exclusive to Philadelphia

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Yeah. I think it was 2009 when I went. Pedro Martinez pitched the game and we lost 2 to 1.

Point is, ******* behavior isn't exclusive to Philadelphia

Exactly. Sports fans in general are animals. Hell, the **** that happens at international soccer games makes anything that happens in this country look tame.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I love eagle fans just for the fact they are the worst fans in the world. I wonder what would happen if their wives booed them in bed?:laugh:

You criticize Eagles fans but then turn around & cheer along with the very same people when it comes to the Flyers & other teams in the city. :laugh:

This is what makes Cowboys fans from the Philadelphia area the worst fans on the planet (along with being bandwagon jumpers since about the majority have zero legit connections to the team or area). They're too stupid to realize how hypocritical they really are.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So you enjoy being perceived as a *******? Alright then....

As a sports fan? Absolutely. Why would I want opposing fans to think anything else? I'd prefer that opposing fans think the whole city of Philadelphia are belligerent *******s and not want to go to the games because of this, or in the alternative, go to the games and be quiet about their support of the other team. Worst case scenario they think we are *******s and still show up and cheer loud for their team.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
As a sports fan? Absolutely. Why would I want opposing fans to think anything else? I'd prefer that opposing fans think the whole city of Philadelphia are belligerent *******s and not want to go to the games because of this, or in the alternative, go to the games and be quiet about their support of the other team. Worst case scenario they think we are *******s and still show up and cheer loud for their team.

But the thing is, is they dont just view Philly fans as ****** sports fans. They view us as ****** human beings overall. Sports hate and actual real life hate are different.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ravens cut Ray Rice. Good

Guy is a POS and glad he is cut,,,, I was watching NFL network and apparently todays new video is exactly showing how they said it went down, so my question is why wasn't he cut in the first place ?? It was OK as long as there was no video ?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Guy is a POS and glad he is cut,,,, I was watching NFL network and apparently todays new video is exactly showing how they said it went down, so my question is why wasn't he cut in the first place ?? It was OK as long as there was no video ?

Also did the Ravens REALLY not have the video? Thats so hard to believe. TMZ cut Rice, not the Ravens.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I didn't pay much attention to that whole ordeal but I never really understood the penalties against Penn State... why punish the students for what someone else did? He's already in jail... what does punishing the school do?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
But the thing is, is they dont just view Philly fans as ****** sports fans. They view us as ****** human beings overall. Sports hate and actual real life hate are different.

Meh. I'm from New Jersey so I don't get lumped in with Philadelphians. Haha. Also, again, I don't care what a bunch of people I'll never meet have to think about me. Hell, most of you guys probably hate me and I don't give a **** about that.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I didn't pay much attention to that whole ordeal but I never really understood the penalties against Penn State... why punish the students for what someone else did? He's already in jail... what does punishing the school do?

Who else are they going to punish? If you don't punish the school moving forward, it invites violations of any sort. If a coach from 10 years ago was paying players $100k a year for the last ten years (obvious exaggeration) and there is evidence that others were aware of this, he gets fired...ok. No penalties against the team moving forward? Seems like pretty good incentive to do that sort of thing. The coach made his money over the last ten years, the school made theirs as well. He's gone now...no need to punish anyone else. Next coach does the same thing until he gets caught...then he gets canned, etc. Those are extreme examples that obviously would never happen, but even minor violations can add up. The kids do suffer from these infractions, but that should put more onus on the schools to run a compliant program.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.

The way I see it the football program deserves to suffer because the university put football as a number one priority over the lives of children being molested. I know I will probably be assaulted for my thoughts by the PSU faithful on here, but how else do you make a football program suffer? There were surely players who suffered when SMU got the death penalty that had nothing to do with what happened?

I know most of those involved are arrested/in trouble. And to your quote, it doesn't end with Sandusky. It is much deeper.

I dunno how else a school should be penalized for what happened. Are we to say that PSU football shouldn't be penalized because Sandusky was arrested and because it took place so long ago? Joe Paterno, from all I've read, was complicit in harboring a sex offender. I'm really not trying to start a war on here, that's just how I see it.

A 3 year bowl ban seems awfully light.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Wonder how good of a season Penn St. can have since the Big Ten sucks

Remaining schedule:

@ Rutgers
vs Massachusetts
vs Northwestern
@ Michigan
vs #22 Ohio State
vs Maryland
@ Indiana
vs Temple
@ Illinois
vs #13 Michigan State

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Wonder how good of a season Penn St. can have since the Big Ten sucks

Remaining schedule:

@ Rutgers
vs Massachusetts
vs Northwestern
@ Michigan
vs #22 Ohio State
vs Maryland
@ Indiana
vs Temple
@ Illinois
vs #13 Michigan State

I'm still sticking to 6-6 or 7-5 on the year. They just don't have the horses across the board & the ones they do have are still very young (they're the 2nd youngest team in the nation).

If they can beat Rutgers (I can see that one going either way) this weekend they should enter the Michigan game 5-0 so we'll see I guess.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Who else are they going to punish? If you don't punish the school moving forward, it invites violations of any sort. If a coach from 10 years ago was paying players $100k a year for the last ten years (obvious exaggeration) and there is evidence that others were aware of this, he gets fired...ok. No penalties against the team moving forward? Seems like pretty good incentive to do that sort of thing. The coach made his money over the last ten years, the school made theirs as well. He's gone now...no need to punish anyone else. Next coach does the same thing until he gets caught...then he gets canned, etc. Those are extreme examples that obviously would never happen, but even minor violations can add up. The kids do suffer from these infractions, but that should put more onus on the schools to run a compliant program.

How is breaking rules by paying players to help make a football team better being compared to a guy molesting children (I know you're not comparing the severity of the action, I mean the situation and how it effects the school)? He's not molesting kids to help the team win football games and the only way it's connected to the college football team is that he was a coach. So there's no reason to punish the football team.

The way I see it the football program deserves to suffer because the university put football as a number one priority over the lives of children being molested. I know I will probably be assaulted for my thoughts by the PSU faithful on here, but how else do you make a football program suffer? There were surely players who suffered when SMU got the death penalty that had nothing to do with what happened?

I know most of those involved are arrested/in trouble. And to your quote, it doesn't end with Sandusky. It is much deeper.

I dunno how else a school should be penalized for what happened. Are we to say that PSU football shouldn't be penalized because Sandusky was arrested and because it took place so long ago? Joe Paterno, from all I've read, was complicit in harboring a sex offender. I'm really not trying to start a war on here, that's just how I see it.

A 3 year bowl ban seems awfully light.

Then punish anyone involved in the scandal... not the football team as a whole. If people helped hide it then figure out who it was and punish them, if the school helped hide it then punish the school directly, but the football team and the players on it had nothing to do with the situation.

If a school cafeteria worker beats up animals in his spare time don't stop serving lunch at the school.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
How is breaking rules by paying players to help make a football team better being compared to a guy molesting children (I know you're not comparing the severity of the action, I mean the situation and how it effects the school)? He's not molesting kids to help the team win football games and the only way it's connected to the college football team is that he was a coach. So there's no reason to punish the football team.

Then punish anyone involved in the scandal... not the football team as a whole. If people helped hide it then figure out who it was and punish them, if the school helped hide it then punish the school directly, but the football team and the players on it had nothing to do with the situation.

If a school cafeteria worker beats up animals in his spare time don't stop serving lunch at the school.

I see your points, but your bolded is where I see the issue. Sandusky was kept around because he was a great defensive coordinator and a great coach. To me, it seems like he was never fired or the situation brought to light because it would impact the football program negatively. Sandusky gets arrested/fired, the defense would likely take a hit and it may even divert a few top shelf players from attending a school where something like that happened.

These are obviously just my thoughts.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I see your points, but your bolded is where I see the issue. Sandusky was kept around because he was a great defensive coordinator and a great coach. To me, it seems like he was never fired or the situation brought to light because it would impact the football program negatively. Sandusky gets arrested/fired, the defense would likely take a hit and it may even divert a few top shelf players from attending a school where something like that happened.

These are obviously just my thoughts.

But still, I'm saying figure out who was protecting him and keeping him around and then punish them. The football team itself doesn't have a consciousness so it isn't responsible for how it receives help and the guys who play on it didn't know what was going on so I think the punishment is misplaced. If the logic is "the football team helps the school a lot so to punish the school you punish the football team" then that's still not good in my opinion. Take away what the football team does for the school (ie money) but don't punish the team itself for something it was a part of.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
What about as an Oregon fan? ;)

Still thought it was wrong haha. I just can't believe all of the sanctions that have been handed out since the SC ones or possible sanctions only to have them be absolutely nothing.

Like Miami, did they ever get anything for that booster? They had talks of the death penalty (which I don't think will ever happen in this day in age).

Or the fact that they vacated SC's championship and yet still sell signed Reggie Bush photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino