OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
This is still early, but this is why I gave up betting 30+ years ago. The birds are heavy favs and so far they have crapped to bed. The jags QB sucks. The birds will come back and win this game for that reason alone.

I love eagle fans just for the fact they are the worst fans in the world. I wonder what would happen if their wives booed them in bed?:laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I love eagle fans just for the fact they are the worst fans in the world. I wonder what would happen if their wives booed them in bed?:laugh:

Huh? Worse fans in the world? Let me guess, the Santa thing right? Dont follow the media and online forum hype. Eagles fans are as "bad" or "good" as typical football fans. Nothing better or worse. Also if you watched the first half, you would boo also. It was atrocious and if I paid what some of them paid to watch the team play like they are a highschool freshman squad, I would boo also.

Also, I am assuming their wives dont pay them to do it in bed. Haha

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Huh? Worse fans in the world? Let me guess, the Santa thing right? Dont follow the media and online forum hype. Eagles fans are as "bad" or "good" as typical football fans. Nothing better or worse. Also if you watched the first half, you would boo also. It was atrocious and if I paid what some of them paid to watch the team play like they are a highschool freshman squad, I would boo also.

Also, I am assuming their wives dont pay them to do it in bed. Haha

I guess you never sat in the 700 level at the Vet and watched men beat up teenagers or take a pee right there in the row? Or saw old men and women attacked trying to go to games during the strike? I have. I am all for good natured ball busting but when you are violently attacked for just having another teams jersey on, well how do you answer that? I know it is way better now than it was then but I have been to other teams sites and except for New York it is the worst.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I guess you never sat in the 700 level at the Vet and watched men beat up teenagers or take a pee right there in the row? Or saw old men and women attacked trying to go to games during the strike? I have. I am all for good natured ball busting but when you are violently attacked for just having another teams jersey on, well how do you answer that? I know it is way better now than it was then but I have been to other teams sites and except for New York it is the worst.
Your a cowboys fan (right) so you can gtfo.

:laugh:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I have been to a Ravens game, Jets, Bills, Eagles and Steelers game (at each stadium respectively). You are over exaggerating greatly. Been to 2 games last year one being against the Cowboys when Foles was terrible. That game I was pretty high up and there was no problems. Does it happen? Yes. But every single place has problems. Like I said though, keep beleiving the online forums and "all Johnny all the Timee!" ESPN.

Oh and if you are a Cowboys fan than that explains it all.

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
New Brunswick, Canada

Just stop. I grew up in Dallas, I have been to plenty of Cowboys games and this EXACT thing happened there. fans around the world are equally horribly, the only reason Philly fans get beat up over this is because of the media hype generated by it...

I have also been to games in Green Bay, San Fransisco, Tampa, and Orlando...guess what? There was always a group too drunk to be rational.

Most stadiums, Philly included, is full of friendly banter between rival fans. to suggest all philly fans, or even most, is outright exaggeration and trolling to be frank.

Which, if you were rational about it, you would also realize this.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Eagles fans (and Philly fans in general) are the worst in the country. I have no problem admitting that and I actually like it. That's the way it should be. It's gotten better over the years, but if you look back to the hay-day of the Spectrum and the Vet, opposing teams hated playing here. The reason wasn't necessarily because the teams were good (though some were), it was also because of the fans. I'm not advocating beating people up because they are wearing a different jersey...I have no problem if those people wearing the other jerseys are afraid it might happen. I boo and yell at folks wearing the wrong jersey, but I'd never hit anyone (largely because I would likely get my ass kicked unless it was a child or a small woman).

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Eagles fans (and Philly fans in general) are the worst in the country. I have no problem admitting that and I actually like it. That's the way it should be. It's gotten better over the years, but if you look back to the hay-day of the Spectrum and the Vet, opposing teams hated playing here. The reason wasn't necessarily because the teams were good (though some were), it was also because of the fans. I'm not advocating beating people up because they are wearing a different jersey...I have no problem if those people wearing the other jerseys are afraid it might happen. I boo and yell at folks wearing the wrong jersey, but I'd never hit anyone (largely because I would likely get my ass kicked unless it was a child or a small woman).

Opposing players hated playing at the Vet because it was a ****hole and the field was akin to playing on concrete.

Fans are awful everywhere. Philly fans were really just the first group to get national attention for being awful.

And a serious lol at the Cowboys fan giving **** to Eagles fans.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've been in the 700 level, once I was in the highest up row against the outer wall of the Vet, and there was never anything serious. The only anything happened was when a loud guy in a Giants jersey got a couple beers thrown at him, but that's because he was being a complete idiot... and the Eagles weren't even playing the Giants that day... they were playing the Chargers. If you honestly don't think the same kinds of bad stuff happens in every single stadium in the league then you're an idiot, it's that simple. Does bad stuff happen at Eagles games? Sure, but the same things are happening everywhere else too. Football fans in general get carried away far more than fans at other sporting events. You can bet your ass that stuff in Philly will get far more attention because of the reputation and because of the fact that it's a very visible market with lots of media attention.

Saying that any one city or fanbase is the worst or best is always an ridiculous thing to do because it's always an opinion made by looking at a tiny part of the fanbase. Out of the many millions of Eagles fans that exist how many do you think actually participate in those types of disgusting activities?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'd argue that with the various incidents in the last few years California (LA & Bay Area) fans have passed us. But they don't get the constant publicity.

Yeah but those appear to be isolated incidents and only at rival-type games. I am by no means an expert on CA sports, but I do not believe it is a regular occurrence to be booed/verbally assaulted at every game. Things happen everywhere. If you look at every fan base in every sport, I'm sure you can find big fights resulting in injury or even death, etc in recent history. But on a regular basis, Philly fans are the worst. If you want to pick out individual incidents, maybe Philly doesn't have the most violent incident, but collectively and consistently, they are the worst. I don't know why Philly fans get upset about being called the worst. I love it.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I went to a Phillies/Dodgers game when we played them in the nlcs.

They threw peanuts and beer at my 12 year old brother and I and put gum in my hair.

I don't think eagles fans are much worse than that

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I went to a Phillies/Dodgers game when we played them in the nlcs.

They threw peanuts and beer at my 12 year old brother and I and put gum in my hair.

I don't think eagles fans are much worse than that

Are you talking about in LA? In 2008 there were apparently gang fights in the upper deck of Dodger Stadium. Believe there was also stabbings in the parking lot. Of course nobody ever mentions this. There was also the Giants fan that was nearly beat to death in LA in April of 2011. But no, this only happens in Philadelphia.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Are you talking about in LA? In 2008 there were apparently gang fights in the upper deck of Dodger Stadium. Believe there was also stabbings in the parking lot. Of course nobody ever mentions this. There was also the Giants fan that was nearly beat to death in LA in April of 2011. But no, this only happens in Philadelphia.

Didn't someone else get pushed down an escalator or staircase in another NHL arena this past season because he was wearing a different teams jersey? I remember barely hearing about it and how quickly it went away and thinking "If that were Philly people would still be losing their minds".

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Yeah but those appear to be isolated incidents and only at rival-type games. I am by no means an expert on CA sports, but I do not believe it is a regular occurrence to be booed/verbally assaulted at every game. Things happen everywhere. If you look at every fan base in every sport, I'm sure you can find big fights resulting in injury or even death, etc in recent history. But on a regular basis, Philly fans are the worst. If you want to pick out individual incidents, maybe Philly doesn't have the most violent incident, but collectively and consistently, they are the worst. I don't know why Philly fans get upset about being called the worst. I love it.

Well, then you and I disagree with what constitutes being the worst fans. Incidents that cause physical harm is generally what I take issue with. And California's recent beatings/stabbings etc. stand out in my mind the most.

Booing/Talking trash I've got no problem with as long as it's within reason. If it gets opposing teams uncomfortable and gets in their head, mission accomplished. If it gets opposing fans uncomfortable (but not in danger), oh well.

If you want to say we're the most boorish, I won't argue that.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Remember that White Sox game a couple years ago where the guys stabbed the umpire? If we are just going on about single incidents meaning people are the worst fans, that has to be the worst.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Next week @ the Colts on Monday Night Football. Should be interesting. Let's hope they're ready to play in the first half this time.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Well, then you and I disagree with what constitutes being the worst fans. Incidents that cause physical harm is generally what I take issue with. And California's recent beatings/stabbings etc. stand out in my mind the most.

Booing/Talking trash I've got no problem with as long as it's within reason. If it gets opposing teams uncomfortable and gets in their head, mission accomplished. If it gets opposing fans uncomfortable (but not in danger), oh well.

If you want to say we're the most boorish, I won't argue that.

What about the Winter Classic beating of a police officer at Pat's?

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Didn't someone else get pushed down an escalator or staircase in another NHL arena this past season because he was wearing a different teams jersey? I remember barely hearing about it and how quickly it went away and thinking "If that were Philly people would still be losing their minds".

I think it was Pittsburgh fans throwing a pregnant Devils fan down escalators, or vice versa. It was definitely between those two fanbases though.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I think we are all talking about stuff that happened at the games. Because if we arent there are probally tons of stuff that goes on after games outside the stadium that local news cover and we dont hear about.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly

Yep, that was bad. But you said it yourself, things happen everywhere, and maybe Philly doesn't have the most violent ones. I don't have the overall totals on hand, but I'd guess Cali edges us in the past few years, though.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

So you enjoy being perceived as a *******? Alright then....

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So you enjoy being perceived as a *******? Alright then....

Yea thats what I am taking it as too... I love when other fans hate us. Thats what I get a kick out of. Can go to bars in other cities and people will talk how they HATE the eagles or flyers etc etc. You ask them why and they have no answer.

Acting like a drunk and booing children in opposing jerseys and even quite people just sitting there? Thats an ass move. Thats a move where the rest of us just look at and shake our heads. Like honestly, where is the fun in that?

Maybe its just me though. I have friends that are fans of other teams and we have heated debates, but nothing serious. Im there to watch the game.

Now obnoxious opposing fans at the game who try to start fights? Fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino