• 13 Thu, Nov 27 @ Dallas 4:30 PM FOX
  • 14 Sun, Dec 7 vs Seattle 4:25 PM FOX
  • 15 Sun, Dec 14 vs Dallas 8:30 PM NBC
  • 16 Sat, Dec 20 @ Washington TBD NFL
  • 17 Sun, Dec 28 @ New York 1:00 PM FOX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles

Last edited by a moderator:

MadFerIt95*

Please not Manziel..... Please not Manziel....Please not Manziel....

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
How could you not want Manziel? I'd be all over that. The kid is going to be a stud, especially if he plays in an offense like Chip Kelly can put together.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I would be very disappointed if the Eagles traded up & drafted Manziel, not only is he not a need but I'm not convinced on him despite the progression he showed this year. I wouldn't mind him going to the circus in Dallas just for the lol's.

Count me in as a person who hates how dragged out the draft has become as well. I rather just go back to two days.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Yeah I would be very disappointed if the Eagles traded up & drafted Manziel, not only is he not a need but I'm not convinced on him despite the progression he showed this year. I wouldn't mind him going to the circus in Dallas just for the lol's.

Count me in as a person who hates how dragged out the draft has become as well. I rather just go back to two days.

Honestly I like it over 3 days, but I feel like it should go back to late April.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
manziel suits chip kellys offense more than foles does.

Yeah, but they don't need to pay the price to get him just because of the "what-if" factor. Foles is more than capable of dominating in Chip's system.

MadFerIt95*

How could you not want Manziel? I'd be all over that. The kid is going to be a stud, especially if he plays in an offense like Chip Kelly can put together.

We need a defensive back (Corner or Safety) badly. A QB isn't a need and Manziel is just too much of a risk. If Manziel goes to an AFC team then I hope he does well. But if he gets drafted by the Cowboys then I hope he turns into a bust.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yeah, but they don't need to pay the price to get him just because of the "what-if" factor. Foles is more than capable of dominating in Chip's system.

foles is so slow in those read option plays. we don't run it much but it is another fold in the offense that defenses have to prepare for. If manziel was running it , it would be a real threat.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
manziel suits chip kellys offense more than foles does.

What because he's faster? Foles is a calm, collected, and conservative QB. He has proven to be awesome with Chip. Manziel is wild, wreckless, and over aggressive. If they pick Manziel and end up trading Foles, we are going to be hoping he could produce as well as Foles. Yes, Chip may run a friendly system but you still have to produce. Vick sucked in it. Foles flourished.

I don't think we know how lucky we are to have Foles, yet.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Manziel's going have to dial it back on running in the NFL & stick in the pocket more other wise he won't last as long with his frame. He's elusive but not the athlete that some think he is nor does he run as fast (Andrew Luck tested better than him at the combine & ran a faster 40).

It's a passing league now a days, even the best running QB in the league got his wings clipped (RG3) & told to cut it back. So give me the guy who just had one of the best seasons by a QB in franchise history while not being a running threat over some rookie with question marks on him.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
foles is so slow in those read option plays. we don't run it much but it is another fold in the offense that defenses have to prepare for. If manziel was running it , it would be a real threat.

Then why didn't Vick succeed?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Huh? He was fine in that role. He's not going to take off and burn a guy down the sideline, but he has enough athleticism to pick up first downs when he needs to. Manziel would get killed running the read option at his size. It wouldn't be a viable option even if Chip had him here to run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad