OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season: Eagles fall to the Niners 26-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
That's probably the biggest difference between 2012 and this year.

Statistically speaking, so far this is a bottom 3rd defense. They have been getting timely stops and turnovers (frequently leading to points - as they just did), often late in games, but they're ranked 28th in yards/game and 25th in points/game respectively heading into this game.

Which is what they need to do. Can't keep relying on great special teams and turnovers to win games for you, especially if you run an up-tempo offense.

Playoff bound? I'd probably agree. Decent run? I can't go that far yet.

They're low in yards allowed per game, but they were 12th in yards allowed per play. They are much better than last year so far.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
They're low in yards allowed per game, but they were 12th in yards allowed per play. They are much better than last year so far.

Being 12th in yards allowed per play is good, but I think you've also gotta weigh that with what the offense does each day more-so with Chip Kelly than other teams.

Obviously, as long as the offense is clicking and scoring points, the higher amount of yards allowed is tolerable. But if you're being stymied on offense you'll have more games that resemble last week against the Niners. The defense was decent in that game, and was close to it's average of yards allowed per play, but still gave up over 400 yards and 26 points.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Was so excited to be coming to my first Eagles home game to watch them stomp the Giants, now I'm nervous we may get stomped

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
they needed to take more time off the clock with the playclock, idiotic. snapping it at 15 earlier this quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad