OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season: Eagles fall to the Niners 26-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Previous thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1666129&page=40

Only one week but the other three teams look terrible. No excuse not to make the playoffs.

2014 Regular Season Schedule
  • 1 Sun, Sep 7 vs Jacksonville W 34-17
  • 2 Mon, Sep 15 @ Indianapolis W 30-27
  • 3 Sun, Sep 21 vs Washington W 37-34
  • 4 Sun, Sep 28 @ San Francisco L 26-21
  • 5 Sun, Oct 5 vs St. Louis 1:00 PM FOX
  • 6 Sun, Oct 12 vs New York 8:30 PM NBC
  • 7 BYE WEEK
  • 8 Sun, Oct 26 @ Arizona 4:05 PM FOX
  • 9 Sun, Nov 2 @ Houston 1:00 PM FOX
  • 10 Mon, Nov 10 vs Carolina 8:30 PM ESPN
  • 11 Sun, Nov 16 @ Green Bay 1:00 PM FOX
  • 12 Sun, Nov 23 vs Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS
  • 13 Thu, Nov 27 @ Dallas 4:30 PM FOX
  • 14 Sun, Dec 7 vs Seattle 4:25 PM FOX
  • 15 Sun, Dec 14 vs Dallas 8:30 PM NBC
  • 16 Sat, Dec 20 @ Washington TBD NFL
  • 17 Sun, Dec 28 @ New York 1:00 PM FOX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/phi/philadelphia-eagles

Last edited:

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
We have a nice new Eagles thread here.

How about a thread entitled "OT: Penn State" for all of this other stuff.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jay Glazer seems to think Rice's career is over. He believes he's too toxic for teams to want to touch.

It makes sense Rice's about to turn 28 this January & is playing a position that isn't exactly in high demand around the league.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I don't think Rice should come back, but I'm having trouble accepting that Vick can return and he can't.

I don't want to quibble about the severity of either crime, but in my view they are close enough in severity to be on roughly the same level. If Vick can play in the league again then I hate to say that I think Rice should too.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't think Rice should come back, but I'm having trouble accepting that Vick can return and he can't.

I don't want to quibble about the severity of either crime, but in my view they are close enough in severity to be on roughly the same level. If Vick can play in the league again then I hate to say that I think Rice should too.

The thing with Vick is that he served time for his crime, don't want to get into whether the 23 months was proper punishment.

Rice had felony (IIRC) assault charges against him essentially removed from his record if he went through intervention or anger management class.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm well versed in this type of law but I do find it ridiculous that the guy basically was getting off Scottfree with having to go through a class and only a two game suspension. Nothing new was revealed in that video yesterday, everyone knew what happened in the elevator it just gave the NFL a cop out after their original mistake.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Rice seemingly got off easy from a legal standpoint because his wife declined to press charges. I would have no doubt that Rice would eventually be able to come back (Vick of course came back, and so did Josh Brent who killed his teammate while drunk driving) except that he's 27 and he didn't have a good 2013 on the field. He only averaged 3.1 ypc, so he may not have stuck around much longer anyway.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
The thing with Vick is that he served time for his crime, don't want to get into whether the 23 months was proper punishment.

Rice had felony (IIRC) assault charges against him essentially removed from his record if he went through intervention or anger management class.

I'm not going to pretend that I'm well versed in this type of law but I do find it ridiculous that the guy basically was getting off Scottfree with having to go through a class and only a two game suspension. Nothing new was revealed in that video yesterday, everyone knew what happened in the elevator it just gave the NFL a cop out after their original mistake.

I completely agree that Rice seems to be getting off easy, however I don't know why the fact Vick went to jail makes it OK for him to come back to the NFL. What's the connection? Seems irrelevant to me.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I completely agree that Rice seems to be getting off easy, however I don't know why the fact Vick went to jail makes it OK for him to come back to the NFL. What's the connection? Seems irrelevant to me.

I guess it boils down to the notion in the justice system that once your debt to society has been paid, you can move on. You and I agree on this though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Terry Pegula (Sabres Owner) agreed to a deal to buy the Bills for in the ballpark of $1.4B.

He owns the Sabres ($189M). He also donated $114M to Penn State to upstart their Division 1 hockey program. He owns the Rochester Americans in the AHL & Buffalo Bandits in the NNL (Pro Lacrosse team) although can't find how much they cost (if I had to ballpark it maybe a couple of million for each?).

He's done all of this within the last 5 years. It must be good to have it like that. :laugh:

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Has Goodell resigned yet?

http://pro32.ap.org/article/ap-newsbreak-source-says-rice-video-sent-nfl

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — A law enforcement official says he sent a video of Ray Rice punching his then-fiancee to an NFL executive three months ago, while league officers have insisted they didn't see the violent images until this week.

The person played The Associated Press a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

The law enforcement official, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, says he had no further communication with any NFL employee and can't confirm anyone watched the video. The person said they were unauthorized to release the video but shared it unsolicited, because they wanted the NFL to have it before deciding on Rice's punishment.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Whether Goodell should resign or not, it's annoying when organizations call for someone to step down or be fired. They need to just shut the **** up and stop acting like they have any authority over the subject or as if they have any right to make a demand. Womens organizations are just obnoxious 99% of the time.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I don't think it's unreasonable for the head of an organization like that to speak out against domestic violence.

Me either. That's sort of what they do. Even if they take any opinion to an extreme and are hyperbolic -- by going to the far end of the opinion -- it moves the middle ground / compromise closer to their opinion. It's very functional.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Adrian Peterson in some trouble.

Texas law enforcement handing down indictment today on Vikings RB Adrian Peterson on charges of injury to a child. Peterson has been cooperating w law enforcement. He now had to turn himself into custody.
Source: Jay Glazer @JayGlazer

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
This really crosses the offensive line.

Makes sense. All three in the news are RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad