OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): 2014 Regular Season: Eagles fall to the Niners 26-21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Not sure why they want to go over the top when all the intermediate stuff seems to be doing well.

Phileeguy

Oct 7, 2010
Philly
I know it's still very early in the season but is anyone else getting a vibe from this team that feels sorta like 2012, or is it just me?

I mean check out the similarities:
O-Line pretty injured
Struggle in Game 1 vs an AFC squad you should've dominated (Cleveland in 2012)
Get lucky with a non-call vs. an AFC squad in game two that helps you win (Ravens in 2012)
Do next to nothing on offense and lose vs an NFC West team (Cards in 2012)
Squeak out a win vs. division opponent because they missed a FG (Giants in 2012)
Have a corner that's pretty useless (Nnamdi in 2012)

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
They did an amazing job improving special teams this year. Sproles, Parkey, Braman, Maragos, Burton, Jenkins, etc.

Richi

Oct 20, 2013
I know it's still very early in the season but is anyone else getting a vibe from this team that feels sorta like 2012, or is it just me?

Our special teams are probably the best league-wide
Defense is not as bad as it was made out to be, above average IMO
Offense is mostly **** but they have the potential to step up big time

So overall, I don´t see that many similarities after these few games. I think this team is playoff bound and even then I like our chances to make a decent run

Phileeguy

Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Our special teams are probably the best league-wide
That's probably the biggest difference between 2012 and this year.

Defense is not as bad as it was made out to be, above average IMO
Statistically speaking, so far this is a bottom 3rd defense. They have been getting timely stops and turnovers (frequently leading to points - as they just did), often late in games, but they're ranked 28th in yards/game and 25th in points/game respectively heading into this game.
Offense is mostly **** but they have the potential to step up big time
Which is what they need to do. Can't keep relying on great special teams and turnovers to win games for you, especially if you run an up-tempo offense.

I think this team is playoff bound and even then I like our chances to make a decent run
Playoff bound? I'd probably agree. Decent run? I can't go that far yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad