OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I will happily trade a third for Golden Tate, rental or otherwise. He's coming off back to back 1000+ yard seasons (and is on pace for another). Their WR play has been improved since the season started, but it is nothing spectacular. Rolling with Tate, Matthews, Jefferey, and Agholor at WR plus Ertz and Goeddart gives this team a damn near top tier receiving corps. We still are lacking at RB but Smallwood, Clement, and Adams rotating haven't been bad. Just not good. If the WRs are kicking defenses will have to adjust.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I have been a Lions fan forever and you all will love Tate. He always finds the open spot on the field and he runs like a rb out there. The Lions I think traded him because they wanted to free up cap to maybe bring in a defensive player (they also restructured Jones today). A third rounder was worth it in my mind for the Eagles because who knows who will end up as a third round pick for you. Tate is great now and should age well and hopefully will get a new contract with the Eagles.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Wonder if we will see more Josh Adams moving forward. Our running game right now is pretty average at best. To really use guys like Tate & Jeffery we need a run game.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Wonder if we will see more Josh Adams moving forward. Our running game right now is pretty average at best. To really use guys like Tate & Jeffery we need a run game.

Tate will help you out even if you don't have much of a run game with his quick routes underneath. That is the reason he turned in Stafford's favorite target because the Lions never had a run game till this season but Tate was always there and open fast.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
this defense will look completely different when they play with a lead, like they did last year. Boost the offense get them going , and then force teams to become one dimensional on you. Its a formula that worked out well for us last year.
You mean like a 17 pt lead 2 times in the second half?

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
If not for 2 miracle 4th down conversions we would be singing a different tune.

I think it has more to do with a lack of depth across the d line that causes our best pass rushers to take more snaps earlier in the game and limits one of the most important factors to closing out games, 4th quarter pass rush.

On the radio this morning Eskin said Jernigan would be back soon, so that's something.

Reactions: Jtown

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
I think it has more to do with a lack of depth across the d line that causes our best pass rushers to take more snaps earlier in the game and limits one of the most important factors to closing out games, 4th quarter pass rush.

On the radio this morning Eskin said Jernigan would be back soon, so that's something.

He’s definately someone thats going to help and I feel like he was under appreciated last year with all the succes they have from the d-line

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have been a Lions fan forever and you all will love Tate. He always finds the open spot on the field and he runs like a rb out there. The Lions I think traded him because they wanted to free up cap to maybe bring in a defensive player (they also restructured Jones today). A third rounder was worth it in my mind for the Eagles because who knows who will end up as a third round pick for you. Tate is great now and should age well and hopefully will get a new contract with the Eagles.

He's absolutely phenomenal after the catch too, as I'm sure I don't have to tell a Lions fan. He might be the best in football. He's definitely among the top tier at the least.

The interesting part will be where he lines up. I believe he took near 80% of his snaps from the slot the last few years. The other thing is that he's not just an underneath receiver. The Lions happened to use him that way, but his average depth of route was significantly higher in Seattle and he was excellent there as well. I believe PFF even has him grading out better as an outside receiver this year.

Even if he doesn't sign, you should get a 4th back as a compensatory pick, which you would have to think is being counted upon as a 3rd is high on its own.

Also, he's not boring:

Last edited:

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Tate is a solid pick up..but imo they should have looked for help on th other side of the ball

And noT surprising. ..my Bucs did nothing

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I really wonder what they have planned for the draft. I don’t think running back will be taken with a top 60 pick for us. I think defensive tackle will be high on that list. I really wonder what they think about the rugby tackle. Haven’t heard much about him since he made the roster. They still might have faith in him.

I could see DT, OT, safety or linebacker being high priority when it comes to their first picks.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I really wonder what they have planned for the draft. I don’t think running back will be taken with a top 60 pick for us. I think defensive tackle will be high on that list. I really wonder what they think about the rugby tackle. Haven’t heard much about him since he made the roster. They still might have faith in him.

I could see DT, OT, safety or linebacker being high priority when it comes to their first picks.

defensive end, oline. And the first round is littered with good candidates. The eagles and howie build through the trenches, and I expect nothing to change.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I see the o-line as one of the biggest issues. Old left tackle with some concern at one of the guards. DT is important since other than Cox there is no one. Bennett plays inside sometimes and obviously Jernigan but no deph after that.

You don’t typcially draft a safety high but we need to get a starter there also. Maddox is doing s solid job learning so far so maybe not as important. Still abit too small though.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I wish we could have traded for Haha Clinton-Dix, honestly. I’m annoyed Washington got him.

I know Maddox has looked better than expected, and getting another weapon for Wentz is important, but still.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I forgot Edge. People who mentioned that are probably right. I could see our first three picks OT, DT, DE. That would make a lot of sense.

Reactions: Jtown

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
This allows us to put Nelson back into situations he’s more comfortable with.

Also the comp pick will be a 4th if he’s not resigned?

It depends mostly on two things:
1. In order to be eligible for compensatory picks, we need to lose more free agents than we sign. There are various intricacies to this, which make it more complex as well. So, this only counts for UFAs. If we sign a guy who was cut and wasn't a free agent, he doesn't count towards the number. I believe they also have to sign prior to May 8. But predominantly, the main rule to remember is that we need to lose more than we gained, regardless of value. There are a max of 32 comp picks given out per year and no team can receive more than 4.

2. Each player lost has an extrinsic value based mostly upon the size of the contract that they sign, as well snap count, awards and some other values that are not released by the league.

The projections I heard were suggesting that he's more likely to equal out to a 5

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Tate plays extremely well would it surprise anyone else if they have him as the slot and cut Nelson next year? Then have Hollins as the outside guy once healthy.

Of course meaning Tate gets resigned.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
If Tate plays extremely well would it surprise anyone else if they have him as the slot and cut Nelson next year? Then have Hollins as the outside guy once healthy.

Of course meaning Tate gets resigned.

They would have to re-sign him. And he won't be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad