OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Defending The Crown: 2018 Season Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Tate should def take some heat off the O line at least. Will be tough to cover Alshon, Tate and Ertz.

Would love a Foles trade, but where ?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Seems like a good deal. If it seems like an overpay at face value, keep in mind that if he walks after the end of the season, they'll get a comp pick in 2020. If they decide to re-sign him, then f***, you got a pretty good receiver for a 3rd.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Daniel Jeremiah✔@MoveTheSticks

If Tate walks after the season, PHI would likely receive a 3rd or 4th rd comp pick in 2020. Lions chose to make the trade to get that pick now, instead of waiting a year for comp pick. So many teams need weapons for their young QBs...Tate will get big money in the offseason.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I like Tate, don’t really like the price and don’t see him as a great fit. Would have preferred a corner.

He’s good after the catch though, which is a plus.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I like Tate, don’t really like the price and don’t see him as a great fit. Would have preferred a corner.

He’s good after the catch though, which is a plus.

he is the only wr on the team that stretches the field. It was a need. The compensatory aspect makes this a wash. I really don't understand what there is to not like about this deal.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
he is the only wr on the team that stretches the field. It was a need. The compensatory aspect makes this a wash. I really don't understand what there is to not like about this deal.
Tate isn’t a guy that stretches the field though? He’s a possession slot receiver with great YAC.

Am I totally off about him or something?

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Tate isn’t a guy that stretches the field though? He’s a possession slot receiver with great YAC.

Am I totally off about him or something?

tate can lineup anywhere on the field. he is not a slot receiver though he has been used there. And on this team he instantly becomes our big play threat. He most definitely will stretch the field.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Adding another weapon at WR will only make running the ball easier. Teams won't be able to stack the box.

Lest we forget to the Cowboys traded a FIRST for Amari Cooper lol

We also have our 1st, two 2nds, and what projects to be a 4th via compensation for Burton

Noice

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
this defense will look completely different when they play with a lead, like they did last year. Boost the offense get them going , and then force teams to become one dimensional on you. Its a formula that worked out well for us last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad