OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Bring On The Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Missed a few games in the 2nd half, had a few questions,

how ha Dilliard looked, do you think he's ready to take over for Peters next year?

what's up with JJ Whiteside, I hear his name but the guy never seems to catch a ball. I see they brought back Shelton Gibson, another of their failed WR picks.

Why hasn't Shareef Miller played, just another bad pick?

Also was wondering about this article,

https://heavy.com/sports/2019/12/eagles-brandon-graham-isaac-seumalo-contracts/

Eagles Eyeing Big Move in 2020 Free Agency?
It stands the reason the Eagles might be loading for bear in 2020. The one lesson from this year is that the team lacks talent at the wide-receiver spot.

There will be several high-profile and well-accomplished names available, presumably to the highest bidder, in free agency. Guys like A.J. Green, Amari Cooper, Robby Anderson, Larry Fitzgerald and Danny Amendola are all due to hit the open market.

The decision to restructure two major contracts, like Brandon Graham and Isaac Seumalo, certainly lends credence to the theory the Eagles will be big-time players in 2020. In fact, Philadelphia has already been widely linked to bringing in Green.

ESPN pondered that possibility in their annual “Best Fits” column where they pegged Green for Philly. Depending on Green’s injury status, it makes perfect sense. Remember, the Bengals star hasn’t played in a game since Dec. 2, 2018 and has only been on the field for nine games over the past two seasons while dealing with a lingering ankle injury.

Per ESPN: 11. A.J. Green, WR — Best fit: Philadelphia Eagles. Even understanding that many of Philly’s struggles this year at wide receiver have been about injury, it’s still a major need. Green — himself out this season because of an ankle injury — is such a terrific talent and the type of player who would help rectify this offense’s problems in a hurry.​

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I hope we're not saying AJ Green is anything but a tremendous WR when healthy. The injury problems are real, but there are definitely contracts that would make him an A++ signing.

I think someone ends up overpaying significantly, but let's at least see what the market dictates.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
he's on the wrong side of 30 and has had significant injury issues in 3 of the past 5 seasons
am I talking about desean or green? does it matter?
that's not the gamble I think we should make imo

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
am I talking about desean or green? does it matter?

Very much so. A healthy AJ Green is a top 5-10 receiver. Different decision matrix altogether.

Again, I don't want to outbid the market for him. I don't trust the health and he's been open about wanting every guaranteed dollar. I'm just saying there are contractual situations where he would make a ton of sense even if I don't think they're likely.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So is Jason Garrett getting fired or not?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Young Sandwich

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Very much so. A healthy AJ Green is a top 5-10 receiver. Different decision matrix altogether.

Again, I don't want to outbid the market for him. I don't trust the health and he's been open about wanting every guaranteed dollar. I'm just saying there are contractual situations where he would make a ton of sense even if I don't think they're likely.
yeah for sure but we just did this last year with djax; signed a very good but very injury prone WR and, surprise, he was injury prone again.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So the Browns are going to find a coach before a GM...wouldn't you typically want that the other way around?

Mike McCarthy is on their radar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad