OT: Philadelphia Eagles: Bring On The Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Carson got a lot of heat this season for not putting the team on his back and winning and there were a lot of question marks about him all year, but my goodness looking at this team now I'm not sure if they win five games without Carson. And I was doubting him all year too. I can't tell you how many times I had to google google someone that caught a pass yesterday. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think it is safe to say we have a franchise QB. Now get him some real, actual WRs next season that are not made of glass!

Acknowledging the injuries and weak WRs, but FFS, the guy's accuracy is just for shit. No reason for Boston to make a circus catch on a screen, nor TEs to be plucking balls off the carpet. Credit for leadership, but he needs to really step up his accuracy or he's not only gonna lose games, he's gonna get a receiver killed.

Reactions: JXC

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Acknowledging the injuries and weak WRs, but FFS, the guy's accuracy is just for ****. No reason for Boston to make a circus catch on a screen, nor TEs to be plucking balls off the carpet. Credit for leadership, but he needs to really step up his accuracy or he's not only gonna lose games, he's gonna get a receiver killed.
Exactly. And saying this doesn't mean you don't like him. He has some slight improvements to make. Sometimes he's incredibly accurate...then sometimes he's high. Just needs to be more consistent. The high throws are the trouble IMO.

This doesn't mean he is the problem, he's very much part of the solution.

Reactions: JXC

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Going back to Week 5...

Zuerlein just misses a 44 yard field goal against the Seahawks.

He makes that kick and the Rams are heading to Philly this weekend and the Seahawks are on the outside.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Acknowledging the injuries and weak WRs, but FFS, the guy's accuracy is just for ****. No reason for Boston to make a circus catch on a screen, nor TEs to be plucking balls off the carpet. Credit for leadership, but he needs to really step up his accuracy or he's not only gonna lose games, he's gonna get a receiver killed.
No one is saying he couldn’t improve. But cherry picking plays is the definition of biased results. He was a 64% thrower this year and could be more efficient. Are there stats about throw aways. These need to accounted for too. I get it, every qb has that issue, but wentz was under a whole lot of pressure this year.

Every throw isn’t going to be perfect. The difference is starting to become clear, when wentz misses a throw he should have made its used against him. I saw Wilson miss a back wide open with a pass yesterday and the comment? Along the lines of get back into the huddle and regroup.

maybe Wilson gets that because he’s won the super bowl and everything, but let’s keep judging all QBs on the same level. Prior accomplishments mean shit in the moment of a game.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm just picking through the various credible mocks put out today and if you were worried about missing out on a Ruggs, he could still very well be there in the mid 20s.

Lamb is completley off the board, of course.

I saw one (that seemed terrible otherwise) which said something I have been thinking - after the combine, he might shoot up the board.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
He's not perfect, but even with making bad throws he's still the guy. He's thrown too many in the dirt to open targets this year, definitely my biggest pet peeve with him and definitely why I was questioning him earlier this season, but he also has made terrific throws throughout the season. If he had a healthy team all year I don't think anyone even blinks at an eye about his accuracy (not to mention I think the stat I saw yesterday was that he's over 80% during the last three games or something like that).

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Which sites are you using Jojo? I think I should stop reading Walterfootball.

They're not bad at all for final mock accuracy, but their scouting is...lacking.

TheDraftNetwork.com is the best single resource out there. Their crew (Crabbs/Marino/Sikkema/Reid/Solak) is generally very good, although I have zero interest in Jonah Tuls' work in general. Other national writers worth reading would include Dane Brugler at The Athletic, PFF's various sundry, and Josh Norris from Rotoworld.

For QB specific traditional scouting, I like Mark Schofield.

For Eagles-focused draft content, your best bets are generally Michael Kist, Ben Solak, and Fran Duffy.

For testing numbers, Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) puts out the best spreadsheet and single athletic metric every year.

@Cover_1_ is one of my favorites, but he's Bills-focused. Dalton Miller would be a good read if you were interested in the Cowboys.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So I was listening to the local radio here in Houston and one of them has connections with the Cowboys and media in Dallas. Was told there is a 15% chance that the next Cowboys head coach is ….. Jason Witten. I cant see this happening his year but in the future yes.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Wentz took a lot of criticism through the bulk of this year and in my opinion it was deserved. However, if you look at his December, even if you really fine-tooth-combed it, in four games you would find maybe, maybe, twenty inaccurate throws in some 160 attempts. That’s pretty bleeping good.

Reactions: achdumeingute

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
No one is saying he couldn’t improve. But cherry picking plays is the definition of biased results. He was a 64% thrower this year and could be more efficient. Are there stats about throw aways. These need to accounted for too. I get it, every qb has that issue, but wentz was under a whole lot of pressure this year.

Every throw isn’t going to be perfect. The difference is starting to become clear, when wentz misses a throw he should have made its used against him. I saw Wilson miss a back wide open with a pass yesterday and the comment? Along the lines of get back into the huddle and regroup.

maybe Wilson gets that because he’s won the super bowl and everything, but let’s keep judging all QBs on the same level. Prior accomplishments mean **** in the moment of a game.
Well said sir

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Exactly. And saying this doesn't mean you don't like him. He has some slight improvements to make. Sometimes he's incredibly accurate...then sometimes he's high. Just needs to be more consistent. The high throws are the trouble IMO.

This doesn't mean he is the problem, he's very much part of the solution.

i dont expect him to be perfect either but they cant afford to have a ton of 3 and outs and turnovers against these teams or else it will be a blow out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad