OT: Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
So with the projected cap being lower than it was expected to be for next season, what do you think it would take to pry Klay Thompson from the Warriors? Obviously, completely hypothetical, but what do you think a realistic offer from the 76ers would have to be to get him?

It'd have to be in the offseason, so I'm not sure if Noel would be a viable trade piece, since who knows if we'll still have him or if it'd even be worth the Warriors taking his salary back. Embiid and Simmons are the only two untouchables on the team. I imagine Saric, either RoCo or Stauskas, and some serious picks.

I won't even try to guess what it would take to get Thompson, but if I was GSW I think I'd really like to have Nerlens. An athletic rim protecter is about the only thing they don't have. They certainly don't need him to bring any offense.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I won't even try to guess what it would take to get Thompson, but if I was GSW I think I'd really like to have Nerlens. An athletic rim protecter is about the only thing they don't have. They certainly don't need him to bring any offense.

As JoJo said, I think a third team would probably have to be involved because we're not ideal partners. I could see them loving Noel for what they have/need, but I don't know that they'd be able to pay him what he'll be asking. Although I wonder if some younger guys are willing to take a slight pay cut than what they could get on the open market to play on a team like that.

Anyway, this is all hypothetical, as I can't imagine we'd end up getting a chance at Thompson, but he's exactly what our team needs. A pure shooting/scoring 2 with top notch defense. Building around Thompson, Simmons and Embiid would be really something special.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
As JoJo said, I think a third team would probably have to be involved because we're not ideal partners. I could see them loving Noel for what they have/need, but I don't know that they'd be able to pay him what he'll be asking. Although I wonder if some younger guys are willing to take a slight pay cut than what they could get on the open market to play on a team like that.

Anyway, this is all hypothetical, as I can't imagine we'd end up getting a chance at Thompson, but he's exactly what our team needs. A pure shooting/scoring 2 with top notch defense. Building around Thompson, Simmons and Embiid would be really something special.

Noel ++ for Thompson makes a ton of sense.

Adding Thompson to our core of Simmonds and Embiid could make US the next Warriors.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Saric has been very good last three games....let's see if they can pull out a win in Memphis or come up short...again.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Boneheaded plays at the end.....again. Brown is wearing thin...I mean if the same crap continues when Simmons gets back then he needs to get canned. I know he has his challenges with minutes restrictions, injuries etc but I just see things that suggest he is not a long term coach for this team. Let him finish out the year maybe...secure another decent lottery pick...then just move on next year.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
it's astounding how they can be so thin at the 5.

Noel hurt, Okafor hurt, Embiid still not cleared to play back-to-backs.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Man, this team has been much more competitive than last year, but the late-game struggles are really magnified.

I feel for the team, these guys are playing hard and keeping it close, but make the same dumb mistakes late in the game, along with really sloppy execution of their late game plays/inbounds plays. If the Sixers shoot better than a terrible 50% from the line, they probably win this game too.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Last year's team would not have hung in against Memphis like they did last night. Especially playing with only 9 guys and no Embiid or Okafor. Brown may or may not turn out to be a good coach but the team's difficulties right now have nothing to do with him. You can't give credit to Sam Hinkie for "The Process" and then turn around and complain that the team hasn't improved in three years.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Klay Thompson's 60 pt night:

29 minutes playing time
Only had the ball 88 seconds
Dribbled the ball 11 times

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
He's a ridiculous off the ball player. Constantly running around cutting and spotting up off of screens. Then he catches the ball and rises up with that pristine lightning quick shooting stroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad