OT: Philadelphia 76ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
It was one of those games. First quarter the Sixers couldn't shoot the ball into the ocean. Embiid and Okafor looked semi-Ok together but it's not a tenable situation long term. I thought Okafor had probably his best game of the season though.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I think they win tonight. A lot is in their favor: Home, Denver stinks and are without Jokic who is a very underrated player, Embiid will play 28 mins, and no Okafor tonight.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
This is the second straight game that I've seen TLC in the game in the first half. Seems like usually he doesn't see the floor until late in games. Or am I just imagining that?

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
This is the second straight game that I've seen TLC in the game in the first half. Seems like usually he doesn't see the floor until late in games. Or am I just imagining that?

Yeah, seems like TLC usually only sees the court in garbage time. He's still pretty raw which is why he's spent time in the D-league, but I thought he looked decent out there tonight.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I really like this Saric at C lineup for a few minutes per game. Better shooting, rebounding, passing, faster pace, and more nimble in PnR D than Okafor lineups.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Embiid really needs to work on handling those double-teams better. I think he needs to work on his footwork too. He's off balance too much, he needs to keep his feet under him.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
This team continues to be awful at inbounding the ball. Not sure whether to put the blame on Brett Brown or the execution of the players. It's a continuing trend that has not improved.

Embiid had a rough game, but he's gonna have nights that that, he's a rookie still...

Also this team desperately needs Covington back, our perimeter defense is absolutely awful without him. The last 5 mins our perimeter defenders were constantly getting beat and we couldn't get a stop to save our lives...

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Its time for Brett Brown to go. They look sloppy, and poorly coached. Im not seeing improvement. They should start beating these bottom feeder teams. 20 point loss to Orlando last week at home is terrible

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I don't mind Brown for now. Get Embiid and Simmons acclimated to the league for a year or two and then bring in an X's and O's coach when the team is ready to compete.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think Brown has done a good job with some of these young players. He's turned Holmes and RoCo into legitimate NBA players. I think he has to get at least some credit for developing Embiid, considering how little ball Embiid had actually played in his life. I liked the way the team played against Boston, lots of up tempo passing leading to open shots. They didn't do that tonight but that's the kind of style he wants them playing.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Not Sixers related but these Warriors are becoming what everyone thought they would be. They have 80 right now at half time, Thompson has 40 of them.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I watch a lot of Warriors games- they just overwhelm teams. KD is fitting in pretty well I'd say.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
So with the projected cap being lower than it was expected to be for next season, what do you think it would take to pry Klay Thompson from the Warriors? Obviously, completely hypothetical, but what do you think a realistic offer from the 76ers would have to be to get him?

It'd have to be in the offseason, so I'm not sure if Noel would be a viable trade piece, since who knows if we'll still have him or if it'd even be worth the Warriors taking his salary back. Embiid and Simmons are the only two untouchables on the team. I imagine Saric, either RoCo or Stauskas, and some serious picks.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think it would require a 3rd team because the Warriors acquiring picks at the cost of a star makes no sense for their timeline. Maybe if Whiteside shakes loose in a Miami rebuild? That's tough, as they owe some 1sts to Phoenix already. Cousins? Would certainly require the Kings' '19 pick being returned as a part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad