OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Per Givony, Doncic, JJJ, and Bamba are all trying to avoid the Kings. Bamba's agent has killed it this offseason. :laugh:

Zhaire and Knox coming back for 2nd workouts.

Sixers fans be like: "Fultz is a bust!" After like 15 games played....
but 2 yrs of Okafor stinking up the joint: "He deserves another chance! He's still got potential!!"

Because they're close and there's a local kid with media hype. If I have to hear one more time how they should move Fultz + 10 (and sometimes 26) to secure Bridges, I'll lose my mind. There are reasonable disagreements and then there's...that.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Per Givony, Doncic, JJJ, and Bamba are all trying to avoid the Kings. Bamba's agent has killed it this offseason. :laugh:

Zhaire and Knox coming back for 2nd workouts.

Because they're close and there's a local kid with media hype. If I have to hear one more time how they should move Fultz + 10 (and sometimes 26) to secure Bridges, I'll lose my mind. There are reasonable disagreements and then there's...that.

Are people actually suggesting that? I mean, I like Bridges as much as anyone but that's kind of crazy. 10 + 26 to get Bridges I could live with. If they're giving up Fultz they better be getting Doncic, and not including 10 either.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Are people actually suggesting that? I mean, I like Bridges as much as anyone but that's kind of crazy. 10 + 26 to get Bridges I could live with. If they're giving up Fultz they better be getting Doncic, and not including 10 either.

no one is suggesting that, and im sure both bridges will be there at 10. Fultz does not get moved unless its for an established vet and even then you're not getting value for him. We all just have to sit back pray Fultz comes into camp with a nba jump shot and a new mindset. Last year needs to be forgotten about quickly.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
No one who understands asset valuation is suggesting it, of course. If you haven't seen anyone at all doing so, I'm jealous. It's out there.

*Edit* The one with the most Twitter traction was Fultz, 10, and 26 for 6 or 7 to take Bridges.

Here's a related one from a 97.5 guy. I don't really want to link a casual fan's personal Twitter.

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
No one who understands asset valuation is suggesting it, of course. If you haven't seen anyone at all doing so, I'm jealous. It's out there.

*Edit* The one with the most Twitter traction was Fultz, 10, and 26 for 6 or 7 to take Bridges.

Here's a related one from a 97.5 guy. I don't really want to link a casual fan's personal Twitter.

yeah thats not going to happen. After the whole process and embiid situation, i am convinced that sixers fans are not the brightest bunch.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
evan turner made 17 mill this past year. Evan turnver signed a 4 year70 mill contract. WTF. this has to be the most mind blowing thing i've seen today.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
yeah thats not going to happen. After the whole process and embiid situation, i am convinced that sixers fans are not the brightest bunch.
I would disagree.
Philly in general is a bandwagon sports town esp for the Phillies and Sixers. No one in the city was watching this team during the Process.
The ones that stayed or came on during I found were and are very educated; they had to be wasnt much to be excited about besides prospects and trade deals and contract details.
I had many enlightening convos with Sixers fans all over the city during the Process years, we were like a weird cult almost :laugh:
Bandwagon is full now and full of fairweather cats who talk out of ignorance.
WIP is pure comedy now; heard a guy a couple days ago call in and say Dario type players can be found in the 2nd round....

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I would disagree.
Philly in general is a bandwagon sports town esp for the Phillies and Sixers. No one in the city was watching this team during the Process.
The ones that stayed or came on during I found were and are very educated; they had to be wasnt much to be excited about besides prospects and trade deals and contract details.
I had many enlightening convos with Sixers fans all over the city during the Process years, we were like a weird cult almost :laugh:
WIP is pure comedy now; heard a guy a couple days ago call in and say Dario type players can be found in the 2nd round....

after embiid needed his second foot surgery i heard , " why didn't we draft aaron gordon" all sorts of stuff. howard eskin was a big proponent of it. thank goodness for his son.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
10, 26, and Fultz to move up to 6 ot 7 to secure Bridges would be horrible. 10 and 26, ok. If they are moving 10, 26, and fultz it should be for 3 or 4 to get Doncic.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
According to Woj, the Sixers will go deep into July before starting the GM search.

This Draft and FA is on Brown's shoulders

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
all i can do is smile knowing that josh harris runs the devils too. This guy is out of his league.

He is...he's an investment banker...his goal is to buy shit for cheap and flip it. Which at this point he could with the Sixers, but I think he wants to get it higher, maybe even have his own stadium, then it'll be worth big big money

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
He is...he's an investment banker...his goal is to buy **** for cheap and flip it. Which at this point he could with the Sixers, but I think he wants to get it higher, maybe even have his own stadium, then it'll be worth big big money

private equity is a good gig if you can get it. Carried interest is a beautiful thing. But yeah this guy is a fraud bring back croce.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
private equity is a good gig if you can get it. Carried interest is a beautiful thing. But yeah this guy is a fraud bring back croce.
He's good at what he does, but he's not a sports team owner with a rooting interest, I don't think he gives a flying shit what they do. lol

Reactions: Jtown

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I would disagree.
Ive watched them every year and every year crushed my soul lol

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
If Doncic is sitting there at 4 would you trade Fultz, 10, and 26 for the 4th pick and take on the Chandler Parsons contract?

I wouldn’t do that even if I didn’t have to take the Parsons contract back.

I like Doncic a LOT. But I'm not trading the farm for him willy nilly and getting a crap contract back to boot. (Crap because it makes it nigh impossible to sign a super-max FA this season and next off-season, when the competitive advantage the Sixers hold in such regard will dissipate.)

Listening to a Ricky pod, there's some worry about Doncic for me in his athleticism. His game is great, but a casual viewing made TLC and Korkmaz look better on YT than they've looked on the floor. (Granted, Korkmaz has had less than a full cup of coffee just yet.) There's not one thing he does just stupid freakishly good. With the rise in the opponent's game, will he be able to match?

I really liked Mario Hezonja pre-draft. (And I still do because I'm stubborn.) He's not looking as good as first advertised, as a comparable (high thought of Euro gets caught up to in talent by NBA talent when previously looked great against other Euros.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad