OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Rub me down baby

Jesus Christ. How is that an improvement? That is not his college jumper. Hanlen should repay him , absolutely embarrassing.

This is h9w a shooter should shoot. See How high the release point is. Fultz needs a higher release point, instead of his arm going towards the basket. This is not encouraging, especially after simmons summer.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Jesus Christ. How is that an improvement? That is not his college jumper. Hanlen should repay him , absolutely embarrassing.

This is h9w a shooter should shoot. See How high the release point is. Fultz needs a higher release point, instead of his arm going towards the basket. This is not encouraging, especially after simmons summer.

As long as it’s going in I don’t care what it looks like.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

So Hanlen creates a great shot with Tatum, but didn't do his job with Fultz.

I'm confused.

I'm not shot expert and I will never pretend one to be on TV. But pretty much every single person that I respect said that Fultz' shot will NOT be fixed 100% in one offseason.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
So Hanlen creates a great shot with Tatum, but didn't do his job with Fultz.

I'm confused.

I'm not shot expert and I will never pretend one to be on TV. But pretty much every single person that I respect said that Fultz' shot will NOT be fixed 100% in one offseason.

name the last broken shot? What has happened to fultz is on par with Chuck Knoblauch and Rick Ankiel

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm no shot expert either but I have to admit....watching that clip.....my first instinct was that I also thought the shot still looked suspect even if it was going in.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I watched a clip today from Hanlen's instagram and Fultz release was as the top of his jump.

We don't know when these clips were in his development this summer and I've seen people say that it looks better in different spots.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
giphy.gif

More @Jtown hottakes please.

I feel like Ive been telling people the same story on Ben Simmons since 2012.

He's too stiff and unathletic to be a star, doesnt shoot, has T-Rex arms, Ingram has higher upside because he has long arms and shoots more shots, doesnt care on defense, cant get his team to the NCAA tournament, too arrogant and self-centered, teammates hate him, 19 year old Lonzo will be better than Simmons as rookie because he's a winner, Fultz has a higher floor than Simmons because he shoots jumpers...

All things people have told me about this kid in this thread over the years having watched the bare minimum of his game.

Lonzo Ball, he of the pre-draft hype and "generational IQ" attributes according to the scouting consensus,
shot his team completely out of playoff contention thru the first 40 games last season taking shots he couldnt make and trying to prove media people wrong.

The thing that's always struck me about Simmons is he never plays outside of himself.
Never forces things at any level. The fact that he understands he's not gonna impact the game jacking three's like Curry is indicative of his maturity if anything.

It's funny how people get amnesia when it comes to Sixer players. If Ben Simmons came into the league at 21 shooting 33% from 3 and 70% from the line he'd be LeBron James aka the greatest prospect in the history of NA pro sports.

LeBron and Kareem are in a category of their own as amateur prospects, Simmons is in that second tier.
Not bad company I'd say.

I get it. Simmons playstyle is unique and thus people underrate his ability to maximize his potential, theyve rarely seen it happen before but so was Curry, so was LeBron, so was Mike, so was Magic etc. etc.

People hype Mitchell because they can see his archetype in Harden dominating in the modern era.
They say "ok what's he good at is possible. He can do that."

Simmons has to be his own archetype. Make the league adjust to him.

This kid came off a year of not playing competitively and was blowing by fully grown adults in the best league in the world from day one. Out thought them and outplayed them.

Brett Brown gave him the ball at the PG for the 1st time in his life really and then put him in a non-optimal system, no pick and roll to maximize Simmons strengths, and he responded with a top 10 rookie season of all time.

But please continue hyping Tatum and Mitchell. Theyre great young players of course.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
giphy.gif

More @Jtown hottakes please.

I feel like Ive been telling people the same story on Ben Simmons since 2012.

He's too stiff and unathletic to be a star, doesnt shoot, has T-Rex arms, Ingram has higher upside because he has long arms and shoots more shots, doesnt care on defense, cant get his team to the NCAA tournament, too arrogant and self-centered, teammates hate him, 19 year old Lonzo will be better than Simmons as rookie because he's a winner, Fultz has a higher floor than Simmons because he shoots jumpers...

All things people have told me about this kid in this thread over the years having watched the bare minimum of his game.

Lonzo Ball, he of the pre-draft hype and "generational IQ" attributes according to the scouting consensus,
shot his team completely out of playoff contention thru the first 40 games last season taking shots he couldnt make and trying to prove media people wrong.

The thing that's always struck me about Simmons is he never plays outside of himself.
Never forces things at any level. The fact that he understands he's not gonna impact the game jacking three's like Curry is indicative of his maturity if anything.

It's funny how people get amnesia when it comes to Sixer players. If Ben Simmons came into the league at 21 shooting 33% from 3 and 70% from the line he'd be LeBron James aka the greatest prospect in the history of NA pro sports.

LeBron and Kareem are in a category of their own as amateur prospects, Simmons is in that second tier.
Not bad company I'd say.

I get it. Simmons playstyle is unique and thus people underrate his ability to maximize his potential, theyve rarely seen it happen before but so was Curry, so was LeBron, so was Mike, so was Magic etc. etc.

People hype Mitchell because they can see his archetype in Harden dominating in the modern era.
They say "ok what's he good at is possible. He can do that."

Simmons has to be his own archetype. Make the league adjust to him.

This kid came off a year of not playing competitively and was blowing by fully grown adults in the best league in the world from day one. Out thought them and outplayed them.

Brett Brown gave him the ball at the PG for the 1st time in his life really and then put him in a non-optimal system, no pick and roll to maximize Simmons strengths, and he responded with a top 10 rookie season of all time.

But please continue hyping Tatum and Mitchell. Theyre great young players of course.

Is it too late to invoke the avatar bet i won? when you come at me come correct son.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Is it too late to invoke the avatar bet i won? when you come at me come correct son.
Its noon on Saturday and im high af. Ill take the bait.
The avatar bet we had was does Simmons run away with Rookie of the year?

Like I said, Mitchell is a great young player but there was nothing he did better than Simmons last year except shoot more shots and hit a higher clip of free throws.

Ive always said Simmons main problem is he's not a hungry scorer ala AI or Kobe. Those guys put pressure on defenses even when their chucking because they have an ability to get a shot at anytime and can get hot at anytime and carry a team.
Mitchell did that for his team. Tatum also to a lesser extent. That is their strength.

I have little doubt in my mind Simmons will be capable of 30+ on any given night in his prime.
The fact that Simmons understands he can impact the game by dominating on the glass, switching all five positions, getting his teammates involved with his passing and scoring when the opportunity presents itself is indicative of his IQ which is his greatest stength.

As for our bet, not that I live and die by the opinion of the basketball media but despite 5+ months of the Mitchell smokescreen by internet trolls, such as yourself, Simmons ended up with 90 of the 101 first place votes for ROTY.
https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-co...a-NBA-Rookie-of-the-Year-Voter-Selections.pdf

So yes, he did indeed run away with award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad