OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
cut Bolden immediately I want to see Bynum pull up for threes in transition all 2019.

That would be worth the price of admission

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
covington is one of the best wing defenders in the game. He is probably the best or 2nd best 3 and d player in the NBA.

Kawhi is certainly better. I would say Iggy is also still better. But in any case, the problem with Covington is that's all he really offers. I can't see any GM trading Dario straight up for Covington. There are a number of players they have ranked lower than RoCo that I can't see being traded one for one for him- Devin Booker, Thad, Ingram, Jamal Murray, Wiggins... Jaylen Brown is only one spot a head of Covington. I would trade Cov for him in a heartbeat. I just think #48 is too high for him.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Kawhi is certainly better. I would say Iggy is also still better. But in any case, the problem with Covington is that's all he really offers. I can't see any GM trading Dario straight up for Covington. There are a number of players they have ranked lower than RoCo that I can't see being traded one for one for him- Devin Booker, Thad, Ingram, Jamal Murray, Wiggins... Jaylen Brown is only one spot a head of Covington. I would trade Cov for him in a heartbeat. I just think #48 is too high for him.

the guys youa re listing are 1st and 2nd options. Covingto is a 4th option strictly 3 and d guy. They run no plays for him

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Prime Iggy is better than Cov. 17-18 Iggy and beyond < Cov.

Thad as in...Thad Young? Hell no I wouldnt trade Covington for him and I love Thad.

Ingram, Booker, Brown, Murray for sure have more value. I wouldnt trade Cov for Murray though since we have Fultz.

Wiggins with his contract < Cov at his no doubt though.

RealGM just finished a Top 25 poll of their own. The percentages are how much of the vote the player received in that poll apparently

RealGm Top 25 Players 2018-19
1) LeBron James (LAL)-72%
2) Kevin Durant (GSW)-39%
3) Stephen Curry (GSW)-53%
4) Anthony Davis (NOP)-39%
5) James Harden (HOU)-45%
6) Kawhi Leonard (TOR)-50%
7) Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL)-56%
8) Russell Westbrook (OKC)-47%
9) Chris Paul (HOU)-43%
10) Jimmy Butler (MIN)-33%
11) Joel Embiid (PHI)-37%
12) Nikola Jokic (DEN)-32%
13) Victor Oladipo (IND)-31%
14) Rudy Gobert (UTA)-62%-TIEBREAKER w Kyrie Irving (BOS)
15) Damian Lillard (POR)-32%
16) Kyrie Irving (BOS)-37%
17) Draymond Green (GSW)-31%
18) Paul George (OKC)-27%
19) Karl-Anthony Towns (MIN)-23%
20) Kyle Lowry (TOR)-31%
21) Klay Thompson (GSW)-30%
22) Ben Simmons (PHI)-35%
23) John Wall (WAS)-27%
24) Al Horford (BOS)-33%
25) LaMarcus Aldridge (SAS)-30%

thoughts?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think I would go Embiid, Butler, CP3 for 9, 10, 11. Butler is a very good 2-way player though. If Embiid isn’t better now he will be soon. Klay, Simmons, and Wall seem kind of low to me. KAT is such a train wreck on D that I think I would put him below those three. I think Wall is better than Lowry too although granted he’s coming off a bad year.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Butler is absolutely a top 10 player. Defense counts too.

Given that slots at the top are a more significant difference than spots at the bottom, the biggest problem I have with that is Durant being at 2. It's not anything related to going to the Warriors or his mental approach, either. There are just better players.

I have a significant dropoff after a LeBron/Curry/Leonard top 3, assuming health.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Harden should be above Davis. Embiid should be above Giannis.
Jokic is great but him, Lowry, Gobert, and Oladipo should be at the rear of this ranking. None of them is better than Simmons.

Wall shouldnt be in the top 25. I'd replace him with Mitchell or Jrue.

PhillyWings

May 10, 2010
PA
Elton Brand new 76ers GM according to Woj narowski, Thursday press conference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad