OT: Philadelphia 76ers - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen... He Was Number One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I switched to the LSU-OU game and then the skills comp. Quite surprised by the final line.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
The one true weakness for the Warriors is their bench, Sixers bench got them back in it, while playing really good defense in the 2nd half.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Okafor 1 rebound in 21 minutes.

One of the problems judging any Sixer player right now is we don't know what Brown is asking them to do - someone on another site pointed out that Okafor is blocking out more, opening up rebounds for teammates but taking himself out of position. That may be a weakness or by design.

Okafor should be starting over Grant, but Brown may want him to work on certain skills (like shooting outside) before he pairs him with Noel again.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Gutsy effort by the Sixers...enjoyable game..at least the 2nd half. Funny how the GS starters had to come back in after their bench was subpar compared to the Sixers...

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
The one true weakness for the Warriors is their bench, Sixers bench got them back in it, while playing really good defense in the 2nd half.
Looks like they were missing Ezeli and Iggy tonight. It's never good when Speights has to play minutes.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah Iggy always wants to torch the Sixers...luckily he was out. Still...Sixers didn't let up and at least gave the sellout crowd a good game unlike the Celtics abortion I had the pleasure of witnessing en vivo....

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
So, the more i think about it, the better i feel about this draft class at the top. I'm mostly convinced that the NBA will not allow Simmons to come to Philly, the storyline of him taking over for Kobe in LA is too perfect.

That being said...
If the sixers get the 1st pick: Ben Simmons
If the sixers get the 2nd pick: Brandon Ingram
If the sixers get the 3rd pick: Kris Dunn
If the sixers get completely screwed and end up with the 4th pick: Buddy Hield

Any of these scenarios i'm okay with. It also helps that there are no centers at the top of this class. :)

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
So, the more i think about it, the better i feel about this draft class at the top. I'm mostly convinced that the NBA will not allow Simmons to come to Philly, the storyline of him taking over for Kobe in LA is too perfect.

That being said...
If the sixers get the 1st pick: Ben Simmons
If the sixers get the 2nd pick: Brandon Ingram
If the sixers get the 3rd pick: Kris Dunn
If the sixers get completely screwed and end up with the 4th pick: Buddy Hield

Any of these scenarios i'm okay with. It also helps that there are no centers at the top of this class. :)

If the sixers get the 3rd pick or lower: eat cyanide capsules

Buddy Hield is horribly overrated BTW. He's a Doug McDermott/Jodie Meeks type of player, a guy that should be drafted in the 20s.

cheesesteakarmor

Jul 18, 2009

Buddy Hield is horribly overrated BTW. He's a Doug McDermott/Jodie Meeks type of player, a guy that should be drafted in the 20s.

If they fall out of the top 3, do they trade back then for more picks?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
If they fall out of the top 3, do they trade back then for more picks?
If they fall out of the top 2 I have no idea what they would do. In years past they were okay picking 3 with a then obvious BPA available (Embiid/Okafor). But this year it would appear to be a devastating blow due to the talent drop off.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

The sixers need scoring. He can score.

Also, a PG tandem of Smith/Dunn/McConnell is one i can get behind.

No, i'll eat cyanide capsules if they go on a 5-game winning streak to pull themselves out of a bottom 3 record to end the season, and then end up with a pick outside of the top 4. They've already been winning too much lately.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If they fall out of the top 2 I have no idea what they would do. In years past they were okay picking 3 with a then obvious BPA available (Embiid/Okafor). But this year it would appear to be a devastating blow due to the talent drop off.

If I were them I would just start packaging picks in trades to get established players or to move down or whatever. I'm sure Colangelo and Hinkie will maximize their assets properly...

It would suck though if we lose out on the top two picks.....

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Unfortunately I don't think any team will trade down if they get the #1 or 2 pick. Simmonds is a franchise changer, while Ingram very well could be as well.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Part of me has this feeling that the team might be better off with Ingram than Simmons.

Simmons seems like a little too unselfish, plus, while i haven't seen too much of Saric, the description of him as a player seems to be pretty similar to Simmons anyway.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Lakers with 2 straight wins. Kobe heating up. Keep winning!! (for now atleast)

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Playing Okafor more at the 4 seemed to have benefit him. Which people have been clamoring for a good bit now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad