OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Season starts Nov. 1 at WAS; home opener Nov. 2 vs. CHI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm contemplating actually following the Sixers this year (for the first time in my life). Let's see how long this lasts.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
#winlessforwiggins

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9898977/philadelphia-76ers-165-wins?

LAS VEGAS -- It's no secret things figure to be bad this season for a Philadelphia 76ers team doing little more than masquerading as an NBA franchise.

Leave it to the oddsmakers in this gambling city to show just how bad things could be for a team contending for nothing but the NBA's next top draft pick.

As the regular season tips off, the over-under for 76ers victories is 16.5, the lowest of any team and the lowest total LVH sports book oddsmaker Jeff Sherman can remember putting up on any NBA team in the past decade or so.

That means optimistic Philly fans (assuming there are any for a team with only a handful of legitimate NBA players) can win if they bet their team will win 17 times during the 82-game season. Conversely, those who think the 76ers are even worse than they seem can cash in if the win total is 16 or fewer.

"They've pretty much made it known in Philadelphia they're trying to get the No. 1 pick for Andrew Wiggins and not holding back," Sherman said. "Teams try for the draft pick sometimes late in the season, but they're basically doing it the whole season."

It gets even better for true believers. They can get odds of 9,999-1 if they want to wager at the LVH on the 76ers winning the title.

"It was the highest number our computers would let us put in," Sherman said.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Jokes aside,and perhaps he did'nt "PRACTICE" but Allen Iverson had more heart than most NBA players ever will.I had the privelege(sp) of watching him his entire career and can say that he was the best Sixer I ever saw play live.I missed seeing the greats from the 70's and 80's. I can and do appreciate Allen Iverson and appreciate all that he did accomplish in a Sixers uniform.

The Couturier Effect

Aug 8, 2012
So much for getting Wiggins...:sarcasm:

I'm not even a basketball fan but beating the Heat would be sweet. ESPN would lose their ****ing minds.

EDIT: Although it looks like the Heat woke up :laugh:

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
What the hell are the Sixers doing beating the Heat...crazy! :laugh:

Anyway....trust me this team will win a championship before any of the other major philly teams. However, they absolutely have to tank and get one of the top 5 picks at the minimum. This winning crap has to stop....:laugh:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
That's awesome. Not part of the plan but well done. Congrats Brett Brown on your first win, and welcome to the big leagues, MCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad