OT: Philadelphia 76ers: It’s Great To Have A Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Knox is going to be good. Reminds me of Tatum, pretty mature 3 level scorer for a rookie. He’s going to have his days.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Shamet, TJ, Zhaire, Furk, Shake, Bolden would be a nice bench in, say, 3 years time. Sixers dont have that long to wait tho

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Shamet, TJ, Zhaire, Furk, Shake, Bolden would be a nice bench in, say, 3 years time. Sixers dont have that long to wait tho

Correct, if you push them all down about 2-3 roster spots, this team could be really good.

So this would mean that Brand needs to find 2-3 guys either this season or next season.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Correct, if you push them all down about 2-3 roster spots, this team could be really good.

So this would mean that Brand needs to find 2-3 guys either this season or next season.
2-3 bench guys really means than all those guys above won't be playing then. Obviously we need to improve, but finding quality bench guys to trade for is extremely hard. Like look at Shamut. Do you really push him down to not play him anymore as he continues to progress and get better? He needs to work on his defense, but his outside shot is extremely important. There arent too many bench players that are shooting 40%+ from the 3 and playing really good defense.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
2-3 bench guys really means than all those guys above won't be playing then. Obviously we need to improve, but finding quality bench guys to trade for is extremely hard. Like look at Shamut. Do you really push him down to not play him anymore as he continues to progress and get better? He needs to work on his defense, but his outside shot is extremely important. There arent too many bench players that are shooting 40%+ from the 3 and playing really good defense.

good...most of them shouldn't

Shamet would be a great 7-8th option.

They need a true back up C. Muscala can't do it, he's a stretch 4.

They also need a good back up PG. TJ stinks, I'm done with him.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Agree, those are the two spots I would look to upgrade this season. TJ has his uses but he gets exposed when he’s asked to play as many minutes as he has been. Obviously Fultz would be the ideal solution there but we’ll see.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Fultz jacked up our progress this year....we needed him to be a regular. Instead we get the weirdest drama situation....worse than Baynum.

Precisely. Fultz f***ed this team sideways with his drama and made up injuries. I hope he enjoys sitting on his couch with his gift money watching the team bust its ass and struggle all the while knowing he's the main culprit.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

I see Shamet and Zhaire as long-term pieces. Shamet, in particular, could be a future 6MOTY.

Jury's out on Shake but i'd hold onto him for at least another year or 2.

The rest... yeah, i think there needs to be improvement. As much as i like TJ, and i will miss him when they inevitably go their separate ways, i'd like my backup PG to be a better perimeter defender and 3 point shooter.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013

Muscala's not a stretch anything. He's too slow to guard 4's and too soft to guard 5's. He's a tweener.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Agreed but I'd rather see him at the 4 with a solid defender at the 5. At least he can stretch the floor.
Muscala's better on d at the 5 than at the 4 though so that's where I want him. Him + Jo just means Jo has to work that much harder

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Our D with Shamet, Korkmaz, Muscala, JJ, and TJ is pretty bad. When Embiid is out we have no rim protection....we need another C who can actually defend. Amir sucks and Muscala is not a backup C....

Reactions: Jtown

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Well, I was thinking more of Moose at 4 plus some one else who can defend at 5, not Embiid. And not Amir.
I dont think Muscala is a 4 at all in the NBA. He cant guard 5's either but he gets embarrassed when he has to chase 4's.

The only time Muscala can pass for 4 is when he's out there in those 3rd/4th quarter mins with all 3 of Jimmy/Jo/Simmons.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad