Phil Kessel

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Its funny to watch how much one of his best friends is living inside his head this round.

Phaneuf is obviously using what he knows what annoys Phil most against him.

Stuff like that is what makes the playoffs fun. Friend against friend like that.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
He's a good player. Be interesting to see if "The Thrill" can get Pittsburgh a win in this series.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
I don't like it. People say its not a big deal but do you think Malkin liked being yelled at. Do you think Kessel and Malkin enjoyed the overall experience at the time. This time it worked out but i don't like players coming to the bench and just blasting players A through Z.

The right thing to do would have been to grab a tablet and show Malkin the play either on the bench or in the room and say "i think you did X wrong, you should have done Y"

That's what a Leader would do.

This is hardly the first time grown up professionals get heated with each other. Their feelings don't get hurt. They're teammates.

Think Karlsson wasn't a leader after blasting Brassard for his gaffe in round 2?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I wonder if Steve Simmons feels famous for starting this Kessel hot dog thing.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Its funny to watch how much one of his best friends is living inside his head this round.

Stuff like that is what makes the playoffs fun. Friend against friend like that.

It just shows how competitive these 2 really are. It's fun watching both in this series, and how they have both thrived under their current teams. Both playing key roles in the playoffs. Burke may have brought them in at the wrong time with the Leafs, but Burke was right about both players character and value as players.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
LEAVE Dion alone!

latest

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A player who avoids the weight room, carries a few extra pounds, who treats the media with contempt when they deserve it and who is passionate about scoring goals.

What's not to like?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It just shows how competitive these 2 really are. It's fun watching both in this series, and how they have both thrived under their current teams. Both playing key roles in the playoffs. Burke may have brought them in at the wrong time with the Leafs, but Burke was right about both players character and value as players.

When the storyline is how they're friends and then you flip to a clip of Kessel hacking at Phaneuf's skates before Phaneuf grabs him by the collar, I think it's safe to say players arne't kidding when they say gloves are off on the ice and friendships are checked at the rink door.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada

Dion and Phil are good friends still?

Cool. I didn't know that. That absolutely makes their banter even better by

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Conn Smythe is open for the taking.... if Phil has a big game tonight and then goes on to wreck in the finals its a real possibility he becomes a frontrunner...

Russian Factor

Jan 8, 2015
Pittsburgh
The Conn Smythe is open for the taking.... if Phil has a big game tonight and then goes on to wreck in the finals its a real possibility he becomes a frontrunner...

I hadn't thought about that but that would be extremely fitting given last year. Also it would mean all of our Big Three have Conn Smythe's lmao

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He doesn't want to get screwed out of a Conn Smyth two years in a row now, does he?

Vual Grimoire

May 11, 2017
Lazy OP. Resulted in lots of stupid cliches we've all heard a million times. The guy's a proven winner. Wicked shot, good playmaker. Nobody's posted anything new here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad