Phil Kessel

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Great goal scorer, underrated playmaker.

Best served as a complementary player to put a team over the top, not a key building block to build around.

Could definitely truck him in COD. Bring it, Phil.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
enjoys haute cuisine, deep philosophical conversations on the bench about how you should give him the ******* puck, and scoring goals

does not enjoy exercise bikes or mouthwash

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I liked it. He was fired up and looking at Crosby who just internalizes a lot of his frustration, it was nice to see. Kessel and Geno are very emotional players to begin with, both were just mad because they were both wanting to score so badly and that's just the pressure they put on themselves for their teams. How do you not love that? Of course Geno & Phil are cool now, Phil scored from a feed from Malkin and hugged it out as guys tend to do after things are ok.

But I like that, you want your best players to be vocal about things when it's not going well to show that you know what, some of the stuff you're seeing is not acceptable. Phil will curse himself out too when he misses a shot or his stick breaks during a shot. The notion that Phil is lazy or just not a fierce competitor is hilarious, it's why his exclusion from the US team was hilarious, the guy wants to win and will do what he can to do it. He loves to play, he seemed off at the mid point of this past season because he just looked hurt but you could never take him out of the game.

Him and Geno do make odd line-mates though, but for whatever reason, the coaching staff doesn't like him with Crosby even though they are pretty damn good together too, Malkin loves to hang on to the puck a lot, so does Kessel.

TheMalkinEra

May 1, 2017
One of the best two way players in playoffs active today with his +26 in just 59 games compare to Media darling Toews who is +14 in 128 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad