Phil Kessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Which is ludicrous. How many people continue to do their jobs during their vacations?
How many teachers decide that their summer vacation is the right time to teach some more voluntarily?
How many truck drivers decide that their vacations are the right time to go on cross-country road trips with their family?
Or scientists, how many of them continue to do their research while vacationing?

All anyone should ask is that the players play to their full potential during the season - starting from training camp all the way through the playoffs.

What they do in the off season should be absolutely nobody's concern as long as they don't get tangled up in illegal activities that could have repercussions during the season.

but that's not the point.

During year end interviews Shanahan stated that he told all the players that this year was going to be different (etc), and he told all of them "how they come to camp will tell him their future with the leafs."

it's not about being on vacation or anything. And again for me I personally don't care. (but sooner or later this attitude is going to bite him in the butt). but I think it's interesting that Shanahan has this statement, and everyone has a distinct... Hmm i don't know what it is, and i'm not making sweeping statements when i haven't seen them play yet, but everyone has this gravitas towards them and Phil is snapping gum, rolling shoulders and all "i'm good didn't do much to get ready this season," and publicly announcing that yeah, he totally gets special treatment.

it will be interesting how this plays out, that's all.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No offense but Kessel looks really chubby right now - last player I saw like this was Heatley after the summer where he signed his big contract and it was all down hill from there - talent was still there but didn't put the work in to be sharp at all and we all know what happened.

Kessel cannot be serious about winning, he's fatter then the coach

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
No offense but Kessel looks really chubby right now - last player I saw like this was Heatley after the summer where he signed his big contract and it was all down hill from there - talent was still there but didn't put the work in to be sharp at all and we all know what happened.

Kessel cannot be serious about winning, he's fatter then the coach

Hey so what? He put on a few pounds so he could work the grittier areas. We're trying to make him into the next Gilmour.

summerstorm

Dec 5, 2011
most folk missed the interview about Phil and his special treatment...Carlyles said that "sports" have a double tiered system....not " the Leafs"...and I agree...its not a Leaf-centric concept...its the way the world of pro sports work...my .02

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Phil is what he is. A complacent person with incredible skill; which is disappointing, because he has the potential for so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad