Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
RW8 said:
If you're going to compare Crosby's and Kessel's tournaments you'd have to compare their play this year because they are only a couple months apart in age. It's not fair to compare crosby as a 16 year old to Kessel when he's 17.

Kessel JUST turned 17. That's why he's eligible in 06, rather than 05 like Crosby.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Tonite they noted that Kessel had 289 points in

Bantam and is in the USA development league in Ann Arbor.. that would tell me he will play for the funny helmets soon.

Cannot compare Kessel to Crosby.. that isn't very fair.. and the US team doesn't have the star power of the Canadian team. Kessel got knocked around quite a bit tonight but his 2nd goal of the hat trick was pretty phenom.

Kaiped Krusader

Jul 1, 2004
Rylan up the Opposition
Is it just me or does Kessel only seem to create offense when he's in full stride with the puck heading towards the net? That's just been my observation of him throughout the tourney. He has terrific deke moves at top speed and a nasty shot but I haven't seen much else from him.

He seems like a very north-south kind of player to me. I haven't seen him create much with the puck deep in the offensive zone and I'm a little skeptical of his lateral skating ability and his ability to set up teammates. He's an exciting young talent, but at this point one who's not as dynamic as his stats would suggest IMO. I get the feeling the moves he has have been way more than enough to dominate his peer group and he hasn't had to expand his repetoire.

These are just the observations I have from the three games I've seen him play. Great talent but has a lot of work to do before becoming a complete offensive force, let alone an all around one.

Leeroy Jenkins

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Kaiped Krusader said:
Is it just me or does Kessel only seem to create offense when he's in full stride with the puck heading towards the net? That's just been my observation of him throughout the tourney. He has terrific deke moves at top speed and a nasty shot but I haven't seen much else from him.

He seems like a very north-south kind of player to me. I haven't seen him create much with the puck deep in the offensive zone and I'm a little skeptical of his lateral skating ability and his ability to set up teammates. He's an exciting young talent, but at this point one who's not as dynamic as his stats would suggest IMO. I get the feeling the moves he has have been way more than enough to dominate his peer group and he hasn't had to expand his repetoire.

These are just the observations I have from the three games I've seen him play. Great talent but has a lot of work to do before becoming a complete offensive force, let alone an all around one.

I agree 100%, he has the lethal shot but he seems to have trouble setting up his teammates.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Kaiped Krusader said:

he's had a couple of pretty assists, too.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
He is amazing, never heard of the kid before.
But i think crosby is much better even if I have seen Crosby play about 15 times and Kessel 2 times.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
Kessel brought me off the couch a couple of times tonite. Pleasure to watch.

Great performance tonight by Kessel! The Swedes goalies kind of blew this one as the rest of the team was acutally looking pretty good. 3 - 2 at the start of the 3rd was ok for Sweden, then the USA blew it open!

billabong55

Dec 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Tonights game was the first time I've seen Kessel play, and man did he put on a show with those goals!! That first goal was great, but the second goal was pretty unbelievable. I couldn't believe that shot even hit the net from that angle.

If he plays like this all the time, he'll have a great future ahead of him!

As I said, I've never seen him play before, so I could just be left in the dark on this kid. :)

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
nomorekids said:
the only guy that i think rivaled kessel tonight was ryan callahan. fritsche and o'sullivan took a little step backwards from last game it seemed, though the whole team seemed to, really. mike brown had a much better game, though.

overall, kessel seemed like he was making things happen every time he was on the ice.

I think I read something about Fritsche having a touch of the flu. Does anyone know for sure if that is what kept Borer out for the two losses?

I Hate You All*

Reveille! said:
Skoula owns them all.

Puck poise >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kessel > Crosby > God.

I thought we learned that Peter Skoula sucks and that he has no puck poise from that whole ordeal?!

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Kaiped Krusader said:

That's like saying Crosby can only score tap-ins on in front of the goal.....

Note: This isn't bashing Crosby, he's amazing.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
well

KESSEL is what i call a SCARY player. WHY? cause the kid is 17 and he is already DESTROYING players 2 or 3 years older than him! He will only keep improving and really he can become a VERY special player. It is hard to say how good he will become...but a 1st rounder for sure

AgentNaslund*

damn i want to see this guy play. The games I was able to watch of him play, he wasnt great. Belarus, and Czech.

Anyone think hes better then Ovechkin at the same age?

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
No - not better than Ove or Crosby...

but the kid has some deke moves and a quick wrister.. Kessel could be a great talent and the Blue Jackets will select him with their 1st pick in 2006 after landing Crosby with their 1st in 2005.

I was wondering why Fritsche wasn't playing as much.. punishment for major misconduct, or the flu.. what's the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad