News: Phil Kessel working out with the Canucks

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
The memes are funny, but lets be real,

Kessel is more athletic than 99.9% of the people that will read this post.

If you dont agree with that then you dont understand how athletic and dynamic and strong professional athletes actually are.
No one's talking about you or I suiting up for the Canucks... this is about him. And he needs to pass the physical and the pto to get on this team.

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Some dudes just never look the part. I worked with a guy once. Never saw him ever work out in the traditional sense. Guy had two chins. A big old dad bod gut. But he could out swim anyone short of an olympian in the pool and was a wild bastard on a surf board. He could power lift a bus if you could convince him to join you in the gym. Some guys are just born athletic at something. Phil was just born to be a hockey player. Simple as that.
Exactly. Knew a big guy, very quiet gentle guy. Comes into the gym, proceeds to incline the 160 lb dumbells as a warm up

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I mean, the guy still had 36 points last year, and has played in 1064 straight games. He looks tubby, but he clearly knows what he is doing. Can only be a good veteran add for the Canucks, definitely an injury replacement and locker room help at the least, and maybe more. If he passes the physical - and he should be well-rested - what's to lose?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Working out with the Canucks?

Yeah, the Abbotsford Canucks. I could do that, I just don't want to.

No, I won't be taking questions or comments at this time.

Reactions: ratbid

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7854.gif

Hf boards members questioning Phil’s body type

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
He's looking like a typical balding middle aged man who carrying a few too many pounds that has about as much in common with today's young athlete as I do.
Except you are more than likely way fatter, likely have an extra chin on him, and less hair. And I’m curious as to your athletic achievements? Were you the “Star Canadian Linebacker”?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Except you are more than likely way fatter, likely have an extra chin on him, and less hair. And I’m curious as to your athletic achievements? Were you the “Star Canadian Linebacker”?
What's that got to do with it? I'm not asking for a contract with the Vancouver Canucks.

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Kessel was always #1 in Penguins camps in the physicals, he is a f***ing beast even though he might not look like it.

Ps. The hotdog jokes got old like 15 years ago.

Reactions: Play

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
So no different from what he looked like over his career? Again; Maybe we shouldn't discredit someone who battled testicular cancer based on not looking like what you think an athlete should look like when he's proven those people wrong his entire career.
jfc what is your obsession with him having battled testicular cancer?? That has nothing to do with the guy's fitness / body shape :laugh:

I love Phil Kessel and more power to him for beating cancer. Your take is weird and makes no sense.

Reactions: cptjeff

JoeGarelli

Jun 24, 2013
jfc what is your obsession with him having battled testicular cancer?? That has nothing to do with the guy's fitness / body shape :laugh:

I love Phil Kessel and more power to him for beating cancer. Your take is weird and makes no sense.
i thought the medicine he took makes him look bloated.. some kid i knew in third grade had the same thing happen.. was skinny kid, disappeared for a school year came back fat, always fat through high school.. Apparently it was the drugs..

i think thats why the other poster keeps bringing it up..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad