News: Phil Kessel working out with the Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
If it's Kessel holding out on Vancouver, the jokes been made, but we have a Costco right outside the arena, and Japadog in walking distance.

We can use a fill in top six, in case of injuries etc, both now and as depth for a long run.

Phil, the stars are right, buddy.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Not sure what Theo has done to get so blackballed by the flames. I get it he was a coke head who was a hot head. He also is a survivor of sexual assault and has done a fair bit as far as awareness goes.

Not saying he should be in the Hall, but the Flames need to retire his number. No one has worn it since he left Calgary anyway.
He's his own worst enemy. He's turned into a social media disaster, I'm pretty forgiving for people having their own beliefs but he's really out there with wild conspiracy theories. Also, he has trashed the team in the past although I can't recall what he said exactly. Flames are pretty stingy as is when it comes to retiring numbers, can't see them ever retiring Fleurys.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He's his own worst enemy. He's turned into a social media disaster, I'm pretty forgiving for people having their own beliefs but he's really out there with wild conspiracy theories. Also, he has trashed the team in the past although I can't recall what he said exactly. Flames are pretty stingy as is when it comes to retiring numbers, can't see them ever retiring Fleurys.
lmao says who ? "If your opinion/views aren't the same as mine it is hate speech and misinformation!" crowd ? lol

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
he trashed the team in the 90's he jersey has never been worn since he has left so what is it unofficially retired?
I do not agree with his views as well, but i have not paid too much attention to it either.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
lmao says who ? "If your opinion/views aren't the same as mine it is hate speech and misinformation!" crowd ? lol
Not even close, I don't much care what people want to believe but he's way out there. Besides, we're not talking about individual's we're talking about a professional sports franchise with hundreds of millions of dollars in play. They aren't going to tie themselves to someone who is so vocal with pretty crazy conspiracies. Feel free to put him in your own personal Hall of Fame.

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
1707431239586.png

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Only two player over a PPG on that list. Mogilny and Theo. Not sure what Theo has done to get so blackballed by the flames. I get it he was a coke head who was a hot head. He also is a survivor of sexual assault and has done a fair bit as far as awareness goes.

Not saying he should be in the Hall, but the Flames need to retire his number. No one has worn it since he left Calgary anyway.
Poor Bernie Nicholls and Steve Larmer, people forget about them even when they're right there on that list.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

It's typically a bad idea for businesses to hitch their wagon to people who espouse fringe views. If Kipprusoff started tweeting about how the rich should be hanged and beckoning for the end of the capitalist system, I imagine his banner raising would be cancelled quickly.

Businesses, such as hockey teams, need to appeal to the most amount of customers possible, the vast majority of people don't believe that COVID was a hoax, they also don't believe in executing billionaires in the streets, they don't care about free speech or hate speech, they only care about making money.

Zobitembois

Devilsfanindisguise
Jan 25, 2011
It's typically a bad idea for businesses to hitch their wagon to people who espouse fringe views. If Kipprusoff started tweeting about how the rich should be hanged and beckoning for the end of the capitalist system, I imagine his banner raising would be cancelled quickly.

Businesses, such as hockey teams, need to appeal to the most amount of customers possible, the vast majority of people don't believe that COVID was a hoax, they also don't believe in executing billionaires in the streets, they don't care about free speech or hate speech, they only care about making money.
Man, I would have so much more respect for Kipper if he did.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Not even close, I don't much care what people want to believe but he's way out there. Besides, we're not talking about individual's we're talking about a professional sports franchise with hundreds of millions of dollars in play. They aren't going to tie themselves to someone who is so vocal with pretty crazy conspiracies. Feel free to put him in your own personal Hall of Fame.

There are NBA players who believe the earth is flat

No one should ask or listen to athletes opinions on anything outside their sport. It’s literally all they know

It’s why I facepalm whenever anyone asks Lebron James about politics. The guy has a highschool education

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020

No one should ask or listen to athletes opinions on anything outside their sport. It’s literally all they know

It’s why I facepalm whenever anyone asks Lebron James about politics. The guy has a highschool education
We're talking about why his number isn't retired. Flames have only ever retired 3 numbers, soon to be 4, and all of them have been model players and pillars of the community. Fleury isn't making that cut.

He can post whatever he wants on Twitter, it's a free country (well, not if you ask Fleury :laugh:).

Reactions: Dust

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man I hope Nucks sign Kessel with Tochett's blessing. It'll be the beginning of the end to their work effort.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

If you spend more than 30 seconds looking at his social media stuff your brain cells will start committing suicide en masse. He's been through a lot in life and unfortunately, he's gone down the rabbit hole.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

So does Bill Gates. James is a shrewd businessman and billionaire. Spending four years of your entire life getting drunk and reading Five Dialogues doesn’t mean shit.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

There are people with Harvard degrees that their rich parents paid for that display how dumb they are on a daily basis. A piece of paper is just that. A piece of paper.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Lebron has read the first page of more books than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad