Phil Kessel - "The Tao of Phil" - TSN Feature 2017

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
People have been trying to get rid of Kessel almost since he became a Pen. He doesn’t play the typical NA style of hockey so he gets banged on constantly for not fitting this prototype.

It’s one of the dumbest things I’ve witnessed as a hockey fan, but whatever. I’ve grown weary of defending Kessel, and he pretty much always makes fools out of his haters/critics so that makes it quite satisfying TBTH.

Sprong is just a prop in the anti-Kessel agenda, not his fault. Sprong has filled the net at every level, but even if he produces like that in the NHL, I doubt any reasonable Pens fan thinks he’s a Kessel replacement.

Any Pitt fan and im sure it's the minority who would want Kessel gone doesn't like winning cups
Was a great trade for Pitt..
Word to the wise: no need to defend him. His accolades speak for themselves

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Any Pitt fan and im sure it's the minority who would want Kessel gone doesn't like winning cups
Was a great trade for Pitt..
Word to the wise: no need to defend him. His accolades speak for themselves

I don’t bother defending him much anymore. I’ve actually been doing it since he was a Leaf TBTH, but it’s gotten tiresome. These days I’ll just drop a snide remark here and there to remind Kessel haters how stupid he keeps making them look.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad