Phil Kessel at the golf course

Jul 10, 2003
KW
People should just accept that this guy will never look like Adonis. He has a naturally pudgy face. What matters is that every single year he has shown improvements. He used to be a 30-goal, 60-point guy, now he has shown that he can easily hit 35+ goals and 82 points per season. He is our absolute best player, and the Leafs are lucky to have him.

It's quite possible he could still take his game up another notch if he got into excellent physical condition.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
How did I know that as soon as there is an offseason video of Kessel that people would be calling him fat. Guys, he's going to be that same 80+ point player come this season, has he ever failed to statistically show up?? Cutting 5-10 pounds isn't going to make much of a difference.

Rizzy13

Jan 26, 2009
I know someone who knows Kessel and is friends with his mom. Not super close or anything but they talk and are really friendly with the lady I know.

She was telling me that Phil's mom was saying how Phil said, he is who he is pretty much and has always been like this and he really can't change that (said in a good way). I love Phil, I'm sure he does just enough to help himself!

Sounds confusing because so many people said that he said things sorry lol.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
People should just accept that this guy will never look like Adonis. He has a naturally pudgy face. What matters is that every single year he has shown improvements. He used to be a 30-goal, 60-point guy, now he has shown that he can easily hit 35+ goals and 82 points per season. He is our absolute best player, and the Leafs are lucky to have him.

Easy now, we gave up a lot to get him. I wouldn't call us "lucky to have him." Hall and Seguin are pretty damn good too ya know.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Yeah I think It's just a chubby-looking face that throws people off. I think his actual body fat % is up to par with other NHL players. It's sort of an illusion if you will. You can't skate like he does without superb conditioning and diet.

TheThrill81*

It's quite possible he could still take his game up another notch if he got into excellent physical condition.

The next level is him becoming a two-way player, and his physical condition has not stopped him from doing that.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
The many faces of Phil Kessel.

Kessel_Cart_Ride.jpg

[
Love him no matter what he looks like.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If he could complete his back swing he would hit it 350. 275 is not bad with that back swing, lots of power there. When I was his age I was hitting persimmon woods further lol. He's a little better on the ice than me though!

I was a golf teacher/pro, 350 is absurd for an amateur, no matter how talented they are.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I worked at St.Georges briefly and basically Phil was out one day and I got ahold of the score card from the round, Phil actually hit par.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I wish I had the whole summer free to practice my swing like Phil does. dude looks like he's a great golfer.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I worked at St.Georges briefly and basically Phil was out one day and I got ahold of the score card from the round, Phil actually hit par.

Sure he did... when I keep score some how, not sure how but 10-15 strokes drop off my handicap.. ;)

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
I was a golf teacher/pro, 350 is absurd for an amateur, no matter how talented they are.

I've known lots of people who hit over 300 and they're not pros. You don't have to be a scratch golfer to be a teaching pro. When I was a junior I played with a guy who hit 350+ drives when he was 16. That was with late 80s clubs and balls.
I've seen 17&18 year olds in the past few years drive 400 yd par 4s.
You guys are confusing amateurs with good golfers. Golfers who hit 300+ drives usually shoot under 75, your average hack isn't hitting 300 yards. But for you guys to say an amateur can't hit a ball 300+ is naive.

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I can hit ~300 with my driver and I'm not that good.

My iron game is usually my demise.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
275 isn't all that impressive a yardage these days, but hitting it 275 and a birdie with that mess of a swing is rather impressive.:laugh: Clearly he golfs for kicks and giggles as he has the time and resources to improve that swing if he actually cared.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
On the golf course... Kessel putting in some tough training getting into shape for the upcoming season! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad