Phil Kessel at the golf course

threeGo

Oct 18, 2011
Toronto
How many times does Kessel have say "it's for fun".

If you didn't know who Kessel was, you'd never think he was an athlete.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Someone is bound to say it, as it's always mentioned each offseason.... and I hate it to be me, but..... this year in particular, he looks fat, and I only say this because he actually looks more fat than he normally does at this time in the offseason. Hopefully it won't effect his game, like it hasn't in the past.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Someone is bound to say it, as it's always mentioned each offseason.... and I hate it to be me, but..... this year in particular, he looks fat, and I only say this because he actually looks more fat than he normally does at this time in the offseason. Hopefully it won't effect his game, like it hasn't in the past.

Kessel could look 300 pounds for all I care. As long as he maintains or even improves his play I don't really care.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies

Why change now? It's obviously working for him. :sarcasm:

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON

agreed. his chin/neck fat is out of control. he needs to lay off the cookies or whatever he's gobbling down.

if eakins was the head coach here, i doubt kessel would pass the physical here. his body fat seems to be above 20% (which is a bit much for a hockey player).

maybe he'll shed the fat at training camp? :dunno:

Last edited:

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Maybe he just has a chubby face. Sometimes it's just genetics. It's easier to trim off fat from your gut than it is in your face.

Ace88*

I died laughing while watching that lol. Phils the greatest. Also Henny makes for a hilariously good golf commentator :laugh:

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
I've heard Phil can really crush a ball. 275 yards is pretty good.

If he could complete his back swing he would hit it 350. 275 is not bad with that back swing, lots of power there. When I was his age I was hitting persimmon woods further lol. He's a little better on the ice than me though!

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Maybe he just has a chubby face. Sometimes it's just genetics. It's easier to trim off fat from your gut than it is in your face.

But he looks way fatter in the face than normal. It's a clear indication that he's put on a pound or two since the season, which is an indication of his off season regimen.

Ace88*

But he looks way fatter in the face than normal. It's a clear indication that he's put on a pound or two since the season, which is an indication of his off season regimen.

Which is an indication of absolutely nothing except your imagination considering his season-to-season excellence.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
If he could complete his back swing he would hit it 350. 275 is not bad with that back swing, lots of power there. When I was his age I was hitting persimmon woods further lol. He's a little better on the ice than me though!

I know, right !?!

GalacticaActual

Mar 23, 2010
Mississauga, Ontario
People should just accept that this guy will never look like Adonis. He has a naturally pudgy face. What matters is that every single year he has shown improvements. He used to be a 30-goal, 60-point guy, now he has shown that he can easily hit 35+ goals and 82 points per season. He is our absolute best player, and the Leafs are lucky to have him.

MrDiddlez

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto

Fat Kessel is best Kessel. I love our little fatso.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad