Phil Kessel Appreciation Thread: 6th consecutive 30 goal season (Lock out adjusted)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
kessel making a case for best winger in the NHL, we will give ovechkin the edge still but building a case for #2 against Kane but he's 3rd at the worst.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's been something watching this guy develop and improve his overall game since he's been here. Has taken a lot of heat, but damn he's an excellent player. Much better two-way game and just showing how he's a great goal scorer and can set up his teammates with the best of them.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
61Bms.gif

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
His backchecking sure has come a long way. God I love Kessel.

Night and day difference between Kessel of the Wilson days and the Kessel under Carlyle. Carlyle said before, he has some basic requirements that he asks of all his players, including some sense of defensive responsibility. Seems to have worked with Kessel.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
When this guy is on...Jesus ****ing christ! What a dominant player. Where are all the Kessel detractors hiding now? :sarcasm:

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
truly awesome. i was hoping early in the season for 90 points, and I still think he can do it with JVR on the other wing. a 45/45 season would be amazing!

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
tonight is another reason why I will never change my DP

JVR-Bozak-Kessel for the next 5 years... goals are not going to be an issue moving forward, now lets figure out how to reduce GA and we're contenders.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
1000th post chiming in with a little smirk and an "I told you so".

Have been arguing with Kessel haters for some time now, one of which I don't even see anymore since last season, and it is finally sinking in with just about everyone.

This guy has been incredible for the team, both directly and indirectly. He has the perfect mentality for playing here, where the media means nothing to him, and they largely ignore him in person and don't even try to get interviews anymore.

The next step is to have Jeff Blair, Jeff Oneil and other radio "personalities" eat their words as they just love to jump on the guy for any and everything he does.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I love watching Kessel on the powerplay. As soon as he takes that one stride and his body curls you just know that puck is going in.

Also that one play he made today in the Ottawa zone had me in tears. The one where he had 2 guys hovering on him, banks the puck off the boards to himself and makes a pass behind him that almost goes in the net. It's like he does that stuff without even trying :laugh:

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Come on guys. Relax.

Remember, according to TSN he's only the 43rd best player in the nhl because scoring goals doesn't mean much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad